Manager of Customer Strategy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
As Customer Strategy Manager you will join a team of talented and experienced marketers who focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals.
In this role, you will be planning strategy across media and channels, developing and managing of campaigns that produce measurable return on investment and working across multiple vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High-tech).
To be successful in this role you’ll have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
· Lead the building, development, and delivery of strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
· Act as a subject matter expert and be able to translate new technology - particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM - into new marketing ideas for the client.
· Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, and original thinking.
· Manage people and projects to achieve goals.
· Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on the client’s business.
· 6+ years of experience in data-driven marketing – specifically CRM/ email /Online media /Offline media and 2+ years working in an agency or consulting firm.
· Hands-on skills using data and research to guide decisions –proficiency in excel and research tools.
· Experience translating data analysis into applicable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint.
· Comfort and experience working within a matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
· Average 20% travel (contingent on comfort level of client)
· Work remotely from home or from one of our many offices within the continental US
· Flexible Vacation Policy
· Generous Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· 401k with company match
· 19 paid holidays
· Career development and learning opportunities
· Inclusive work culture and focus on DEI
The anticipated salary range for this position is $78,000-$121,500. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.