Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The purpose of this role is to develop required software features, achieving timely delivery in compliance with the performance and quality standards of the company.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Nonprofit Digital Technology team. This person builds, sets up and deploys emails and other campaign elements that support strategic marketing programs for our nonprofit clients. They provide support to ensure our clients’ emails are going to the inbox and provide the client with reporting that gives them the information they need regarding their email campaigns. The role reports to the Manager of Nonprofit Digital Technology.
This is a client-facing role for someone with a technical mind and strong communication skills – even when communicating with non-technical people.
· Independent individual contributor
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
· Removes obstacles and demonstrates flexibility by adapting to evolving needs
· Applies experience balanced with out of the box thinking to drive efficiency and quality
· Capable and confident problem-solving skills
· Aggressively monitors industry news, staying on top of trends, tools, and thought-provoking ideas
· Contribution to company content (white papers, case studies, nonprofit developer forum sessions, and website content)
· Error free; On-time; Adherence to standard processes and best practice, yet flexible and adaptive
· Support business development activities by responding to RFPs and contributing to SOWs; identifying and quantifying opportunities within existing clients; and delivering presentations
· Contribute to innovation, process improvement and standardization across digital messaging capability
· Support/attend client meetings when needed
· Support post deployment data analysis, pulling data out, organizing data, simplifying data and being able to present data for internal teams and Merkle clients
· Be able to speak internally and externally on list hygiene, email deliverability best practices, IP warming strategy, and optimal email deployment details
· Ability to effectively interact with Creative, Development, Operations, and Campaign Management teams to define, set up, implement, and manage campaigns and projects.
· Proficient with at least one of the supported platforms (Luminate Online, Charity Engine, EveryAction, Engaging Networks, or Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
· SQL experience a plus
· Able to perform analysis of incoming data and understand how the data relates to requirements
· Understanding and ability to implement data loading and validation concepts
· · 3-5 years experience in a fast-paced environment, and/or development role
· Familiarity with nonprofit organization operations
· Extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable technical abilities required
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.