Junior Database Developer
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Database Developers will develop the skills to design and implement multi-terabyte operational marketing databases that integrate our client's data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house a hundred million individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the Technology Solutions Group.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts in Microsoft SQL Server
- Build and maintain DTS packages
- Build and maintain production SQL jobs
- Build and maintain complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extract
- Build and maintain ETL scripts primarily in Informatica
- Build and maintain data mart extraction processes
- Perform quality assurance and testing at the unit level
- Assist in writing user and technical documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Relational and dimensional database concepts
- SQL and database programming
- ETL concepts, processes, and and tools - Informatica, SSIS, DM Express, SQL, DataStage
- File management concepts, processes, and tools - FTPO, sFTP, Sterling
- Scheduling/automation concepts, processes, and tools - Tidal
- Common IT offerings - e.g. Operating systems, storage, backups
- Database platforms - SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, Hadoop
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.