Senior Systems Manager
The Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Managed Services role within Merkle is responsible for managing staff, developing standard operating procedures, and ensuring the stability and optimization of technology within the Experience & Commerce capability. The Sr. Manager must be an accomplished leader, thoroughly skilled in a number of Core Competencies, to include vendor management, fostering innovation, optimizing staff and operations performance, provide exemplary customer service, all in support of Merkle’s technology vision. This role will work with other IMS leaders to ensure seamless service delivery and client support. The Sr. Manager role will report to the Sr. Director of Data Platforms. The role will manage a team of geographically distributed Merkle staff and contract employees varying from 1-10 team members.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Manage a geographically diverse team that provides 24/7 support for e-commerce solutions, such as Magento/Adobe Commerce, HCL Commerce and SAP Hybris
· Manage projects by establishing scope, schedule, budget, and coordinating resources with IMS staff and external groups
· Develop e-commerce infrastructure strategies for system security, monitoring, scalability on demand and stability with a goal of near zero downtime
· Facilitates the planning, implementation and ongoing lifecycle support for on-prem and cloud e-commerce solutions
· Establish operational roadmaps to identify areas for prioritization and appropriate planning
· Maintain and validate quality service by establishing and enforcing IMS standards, metrics and best practices
· Maintain and upkeep of knowledge base to ensure consistent application and management of standard operating procedures
· Manage incident and service request support for assigned Experience & Commerce platforms
· Manage all customer escalations according to defined service levels
· Manage “Root Cause” efforts to identify and remediate technology and business process issues.
· Manage on-call schedule for Tier 1/2 operations teams
· Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively develop solutions to address the risk/constraints, escalating as appropriate.
· Proven ability to lead a team of technical professionals in a 24/7 enterprise environment.
· Customer focused, strong verbal and written communication
· Ability to make decisions quickly and implement
· Must be a self-starter, very organized and able to work independently as well as in small groups, including customer technical and business employees
· Strong organizational and task management skills
· Ability to develop and retain world-class technology talent
· Ability to assess, manage and communicate project and technology budgets and delivery schedules
· Ability to develop and use metrics that contribute to continuous improvement with regard to the quality of delivered services.
· Understand and apply emerging methodologies, technologies, architectures, products, and philosophies in the Managed Hosting technology portfolio.
· Active participant on the IT Management team, collaborating with peers on steady state as well as strategic direction.
· Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
Demonstrate the ability to:
· Meet project deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects while adhering to a time allocation model
· Assess the scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency that matches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
· Multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
· Tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
· Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Manage through conflict and challenging situations with positive outcomes for the clients and Merkle.
· Develop and cultivate strategic relationships that benefit IT and Merkle.
· Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
· Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Technical knowledge and hands on capability with the following technologies:
· E-Commerce platforms (Adobe Commerce/Magento, HCL Commerce, SAP Hybris)
· Linux based operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, SuSE, Amazon Linux)
· Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, OpenSearch, etc.)
· Network and basic routing
· Webserver Technology including Nginx, Apache and JBoss
· Familiarity with database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, DB2)
· Source control (SVN, Git)
· Automation (CI/CD) and monitoring tools
Education and/or Experience:
· 5+ years in a supervisory role
· 10+ years experience implementing and managing enterprise-class solutions in a 24/7 environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline preferred. Equivalent work experience can be substituted for college education.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,720-$145,800. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.