Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Director role requires solid project management experience. You will be someone who works to ensure projects are implemented on time, on budget, on strategy and within scope and has experience creating overall project plans and timelines for the client and other teams. The Account Director works to move internal team members toward completion of project activities and supports the team in several administrative activities. Account Directors seek out additional information to support issue resolution and successful project management and are astute at knowing when to escalate. As the owner of our client relationship and client satisfaction, you will be experienced in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project execution and shows an advanced ability to lead a team to achieve high client satisfaction.
The Account Director will oversee our client relationship, revenue goals, and serve as the connection point across the scope of Merkle services for their assigned account(s). You will deliver all client work, partnering with the capability areas within Merkle to ensure quality and client satisfaction. The Account Director will work with the Client Partner to develop the account plan(s) with a focus long-term, strategic value and growth. You will understand the value goals of our programs and will align the team and your client activities to focus on achieving value. As an engagement lead, the Account Director will have responsibilities for financial tracking, billing and invoicing oversight, and maintenance of opportunity pipeline.
- Maintain strategic partnerships with the client by understanding their business and how their goals align to Merkle solutions and services.
- Ensure the successful execution of deliverables. Willing to help run projects if the team is overloaded.
- Provide verbal and written thought leadership on strategic planning projects.
- Engage a cross-functional team to achieve high levels of service and output quality. Provide the strategic infrastructure to push the team to work/think differently.
- Ask questions, anticipate issues, and provide solutions relative on topics including business strategy, brand strategy, creative, digital media, and results analysis.
- Run and own multiple lines of business including team members with varying personalities/skills. Is comfortable teaching and guiding versus just delegating.
- Navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across teams.
- Manage external partners who may contribute to our client projects
- Resolve all issues with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement.
- Complete the revenue and profitability forecasting and goals.
- Identify client gaps (before being flagged) and propose appropriate ideas/solutions.
- Inspire the team to make an impact. Set the bar for the team as it pertains to personal drive, work quality and relationship management.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Lead a team (internal and client)
- Develop budgets/forecasts/pro forma
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills
- Experience managing client relationships, problem solve, analyze problems and produce a viable solution
- ·8+ years experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
- Digital marketing
- Multichannel/Integrated marketing
- Campaign management - coordinating creative, production, data processing, etc.
- Data and data analytics to guide marketing decisions
- Relationship/Client management
- Account planning and strategy
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Applicants from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,720 - 145,800. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.