Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
This purpose of this role is to support the successful implementation of HR people initiatives and stakeholder engagement across the business with a data-driven mindset. The role would be generalist in nature and collaborate with HR Business Partners, HR Directors, and expert networks on solutions from the different CoEs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting line managers during the employee life cycle and people policy. Executing defined HR processes, standards and tools in order to ensure the realisation of HR function objectives.
• Storytelling, Data & Insights. Supports the monitoring of defined organisational, financial and HR metrics and development of recommendations regarding changes in the structure, roles, processes, competencies, staffing or workforce composition through research, analytical and reporting
• Employee Relations. Works with managers to resolve employee issues. Supports building of managerial people capability so that employee relations issues can be prevented and difficult conversations proactively had and mitigating employment law risks to the business.
• HR strategy. Provides support in communication, implementation and monitoring of HR strategy initiatives through research, analytical and reporting activities whilst working with the line managers
• Change Management. Supports any change management activities through preparation of communication, cultural considerations, data gathering, analytical and reporting
• Performance, Reward & Recognition. Supporting line managers, and the HR Business Partner, in driving an effective approach to performance development to drive a culture of performance, feedback, quality and excellence through winning teams. Supporting the HR Business Partner and COE teams to reward and recognise our employees during annual reward processes
• Career Development. Supporting line managers, and the HR Business Partner, in ensuring that the career plans are developed and implemented for employees
• Employee Engagement. Works on projects defined by HR Business Partners or HR Directors to mobilise commitment and accountability for employee engagement, support ing line leaders and employees in the area of employee engagement
• Wellbeing. Advise Line Managers and Employees on health and well-being cases and interventions. Ensure the manager and the individual are well supported, and have access to the right resources when they need it. Champion of our values and calling out where teams can improve to prevent well-being cases, escalating to the HRBP where required
• Champion the use of digital tools to drive efficiencies and encourage employees to adopt a more self-service approach by using tools available.
• Liaising, where required, with the Shared Services team to provide HR Administration where required.
The Successful applicant will require:
• A good relationship builder, confident and pragmatic, and will have the ability to quickly get to know the people and get things done in an ambiguous and self-starting environment.
• Prior HR expertise in HR advisory role with an understanding of the following centre of excellence cyclical processes: Talent Development, Engagement, Reward and Benefits.
• An individual with strong business acumen who sees the opportunity to drive change
• Intellectual agility, good quality judgement and collaborative skills
• Strong Excel skills and the ability to draw insights from data
• Well-rounded capability across the full HR spectrum
• A passion for people engagement that prompts exploration and idea generation
• An interest in or currently working towards CIPD Level 5.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London and Manchester office locations
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.