Analytics Manager (Google Analytics)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Digital Analytics Manager at Merkle will support our growing digital analytics consulting practice. Our success is measured by how well our clients succeed, and this role will play a key part in using data to drive opportunities for our client's business growth. Experience boiling down large amounts of data into a few key directives for a business team is a must.
These consulting services include investigative analysis of our client's data sets, providing insights and recommendations, and verifying data integrity to make data understandable and actionable to the end user. The Digital Analytics Manager owns relationships with numerous clients and is a key representative of the agency.
An expert-level understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager is required.
- Manage and direct both strategic and technical analytics activities across multiple clients with minimal oversight
- Present analysis and recommendations, pulling from a variety of quantitative and qualitative data sets to key stakeholders both client-side and internally
- Identify opportunities to sell additional analytics strategy services to new and existing clients
- Identify key trends and opportunities for analytics practice to grow, through knowledge of emerging technology, new strategies for customer insights, etc.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with other agency teams to help facilitate success of cross-functional initiatives
- Define technical requirements for improving a client's ability to capture more insight on the customer journey
- Manages tag and data layer validation process for their client's analytics tagging projects
- Needs to be able to lead an Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager ecommerce implementation from end to end.
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in e-commerce required; consulting and/or digital marketing a plus
- 5+ years direct experience in an analytics role
- Expert level knowledge of Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager is required
- Advanced knowledge of additional tag management tools such as Adobe Launch or Tealium is a plus
- Significant knowledge and experience with analytics methods and practices, and how to use data to drive business growth
- Superior communication and presentation skills, project management skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast moving environment
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and consensus building abilities
- Can mentor a less experienced resource on a project or task they have not done before. This includes clearly explaining expectations and double-checking work as necessary.
- Demonstrates an expert level-understanding of how data is transmitted via tags and tag managers. Able to add scripts and triggers to generate non-templated tags, and is able to utilize DOM scraping and other techniques to pull in data outside the data layer.
- Ability to identify and influence key stakeholders and drive decisions to closure
- Ability to validate technical implementation of analytics tags using standard tag debugging tools
- A self-starter, able to take high level direction and execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Multiple health plan options, including supplemental insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability plans with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Fully paid leave for new parents, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave with financial assistance
- Additional paid-leave options, like military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service and disaster leave for those who experience a natural disaster affecting themselves or their immediate family
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with auto-enrollment and a company-sponsored matching program
For individuals assigned to and/or hired in Colorado, the anticipated salary range for this position is $94,425- $145,800, which is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other job-related qualifications. Pay ranges in locations other than Colorado may differ based on labor market wage rates in those locations. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.