SEO Senior Content Specialist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Life as a Content Specialist at Merkle
Unlike some SEO content roles, you won’t find yourself building content campaigns with the aim of acquiring backlinks. Instead, we focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences, meaning your day to day will see you:
· Develop and implement content strategies with the support of a Director and SEO Associates
· Develop and implement content strategies in line with core client KPIs, SEO content findings and industry trends
· Utilising keyword research and competitor insights to provide meaningful content recommendations and meet client objectives
· Motivating and supporting a team to deliver against content SEO campaigns
· Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
· Identify creative opportunities for content strategies that will generate interest for a variety of clients
· Extracting insight from audience & campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
· Exhibiting clear understanding of overall client brand messaging, audiences and goals, and managing the development of content
· Educating the wider team on content SEO and being responsible for answering questions on content processes, trends and strategies
· Ability to communicate complicated SEO concepts to key stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimisation
· Review and QA content deliverables to ensure they are of the highest standard before going to the client
· Working closely with key team members from the SEO team and across Merkle to ensure client success, and the continued development of our propositions
· Working collaboratively with teams outside of SEO to promote the Merkle content offering and drive cross-channel efficiencies
· Adhere to SEO best practices, and keep up to date on the changes to search engine algorithms, making sure that changes are incorporated into existing workload, where relevant
· Anticipate and mitigate challenges with delivery timelines, and oversee prioritisation of tasks
· Support the wider team to prepare client presentations – Excels, Power Points, Quarterly Business Reviews as well as
What we are looking for in you
Our identical candidate will have:
· Fluent level in verbal and written English
· Previous SEO experience - 5+ years (ideally within an Agency environment) proven experience of devising and managing a content strategy with demonstrable results
· Understanding of how to create global content strategies
· Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
· Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
· Ability to conduct in-depth keyword research and pull meaningful insights around intent that shape strategy
· Ability to conduct competitor analysis to illustrate the search landscape and drive strategy
· Knowledge of ‘quick win’ vs long-term return content tactics
· Familiarity with the latest SERP features and different content formats that best meet user intent
· Ability to identify issues with existing content (duplication, cannibalization, internal linking strategy) as well as spot opportunities to add new content that will boost organic traffic and improve UX
· Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· Previous experience working with Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Data Studio
· Experience working with common content tools, or the ability to learn how to use new tools quickly (e.g. Brightedge, Ahrefs, SEMRush, , Conductor)
· Ambitious and driven with passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
· Good interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong client relationships
· Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
Nice to haves:
· Additional language is nice to have e.g. French, German Spanish, Russian
· Previous experience working for enterprise clients is a bonus
· Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams is a bonus (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
A Few Of The Benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- 3 Wellness days, 2 charity days and your Birthday day off!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.