Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Due to incredible growth, we are looking for an SEO Associate to join our talented & passionate SEO team.
Reporting to one of our fantastic managers, we’ll help you continue to advance in your digital marketing career with the opportunity to work on household names, learn from some of the brightest (and nicest), and collaborate closely with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic campaigns.
Life as a SEO Associate at Merkle
We focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences. To do this you will be:
· Working closely with Account leads the Associate will drive the tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve Merkle clients' SEO goals
· Executing technical deliverables such as UAT testing post product launches, support with web migrations, robots.txt checks, XML sitemap analysis, redirect mapping, canonical tags, broken links, 404 errors, unindexable pages etc.
· Executing content deliverables such as content briefs, content audits, keyword research, competitor analysis, optimisation of landing pages, meta data review
· Engaging a 'problem-solving' mindset for challenges, you will manage time effectively, communicate clearly, and have a keen attention to detail to ensure work is on time and of the highest standard
· Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
· Extracting insight from campaign data, identifies relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
· Working closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management, SEO Technicians and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure client success
· Developing your SEO skills, through trainings, self-learning, and tackling new client challenges
What we are looking for in you
· Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an Agency environment
· Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
· Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
· Experience working with some SEO tools e.g. Ahrefs, SEMRush, OnCrawl, Conductor, DeepCrawl, Majestic, Yext (we don’t expect you to know them all!)
· Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and a desire to develop in these areas
· Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
· Natural curiosity to think outside of the box and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
· Ambitious and driven with passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail
· Additional language skills are a plus
A Few Of The Benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- 3 Wellness days, 2 charity days and your Birthday day off!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.