Manager, Analytics Data Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that inform people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology create improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined Dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Data Engineer to be part of our Analytics practice. You will work on industry-leading Cloud Platforms to developing and implementing next-generation Marketing solutions using Cloud native and Commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies.
As a Senior Cloud Data Engineer, you will :
- Be the force behind shaping the future of our Cloud Engineering practice within Analytics by leading innovation efforts and developing Intellectual Property
- Be client-facing, advising on optimized architectures for data management, helping develop roadmaps for on-premises to Cloud migration efforts
- Be hands-on in developing prototypes and conducting Proof of Concepts
- Lead team members on projects involving data migration and implementation of new solutions on cloud platforms
- Participate in technical interactions with clients' executives and senior management
- Analyze new commercial/open-source services/technologies offered by public Cloud providers, and Big Data technology vendors
- Develop reference architectures and design pattern library for typical Cloud-based Marketing solutions implementations
- Advise on Cloud project set up, security and role-based access implementation, and network optimizations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field required; advanced degree preferred
- Certified Google, Amazon, or Microsoft Cloud Data Engineer
- 5+ years of technical management and leadership role delivering success in complex data analytics environment, managing multiple partner relationships to get agreement on solution
- 2+ years of experience in "migrating" on premise workloads to one or more industry-leading public cloud(s)
- Demonstrated experience of designing Big Data solutions on Public Cloud stacks
- Technical architectural and development experience on Massively Parallel Processing technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop
- Technical architectural experience on data modeling, designing data structures for business reporting
- Working knowledge of cloud components: Software development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $121,000 - $151,000. Salary is based on many factors including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information about dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/.