Senior Account Director
Merkle is a customer experience transformation business partner to the Fortune 1000. The future of brand loyalty and competitive advantage is the customer experience, and we empower the world’s leading brands to transform their data, technology, and organizational capabilities to deliver those differentiated customer experiences across marketing, sales, commerce, and service. For more than 30 years, we have built upon our heritage in data, analytics, and technology, building unmatched skills in hyper-personalization. Our combined strengths in CX consulting, data transformation, and digital transformation drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage for our clients, including brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 13,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2020 net revenue of $1.3 billion.
The Sr. Account Director is responsible for designing, implementing, leading and growing client engagement models and for setting the charter for one of Merkle’s high potential accounts (depending on size, complexity and potential). Reports to Client Service Group Lead, and will serve as right hand person. S/he will be truly owning these accounts while still keeping the Client Service Group Lead both involved and engaged.
This individual is accountable for overall account management activities and serves as a leader within a client team, overseeing account management direct reports as well as maintaining indirect responsibility for shared service work activity. This person is also skilled in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project execution and consistently demonstrates an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction. S/he assists the team with executing daily deliverables to ensure programs are on time, on budget and on strategy. S/he has a solid understanding of the value objectives of our programs and aligns the team and the client activities to focus on achieving value.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by developing and presenting recommendations to apply strategy based on CRM and/or industry knowledge.
- Ensure the successful execution of deliverables. Willing to help run projects if the team is overloaded.
- Provide verbal and written thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives.
- Engage a cross-functional team to deliver high levels of service and output quality. Provide the strategic infrastructure to push the team to work/think differently.
- Ask questions, anticipate issues, and provide proactive solutions relative to direct marketing campaigns on topics including business strategy, brand strategy, creative, digital media, and results analysis.
- Run and own multiple lines of business that include team members with varying personalities/skill sets. Is comfortable teaching and guiding versus just delegating.
- Navigate matrixed organization to lead teams across functional areas.
- Resolve all issues with client and internally relative to all facets of client engagement.
- Complete accountability for the revenue and profitability forecasting and goals.
- Identify client gaps (before being flagged) and propose appropriate ideas/solutions
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to lead team (internal and client)
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/pro forma
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
- 10 - 15 years experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client side marketing department with a working knowledge of:
- Online and offline creative development and production
- Digital marketing
- Multichannel/Integrated marketing
- Campaign management - coordinating creative, production, data processing, etc.
- Adobe suite of products
- Relationship/Client management
- Account planning and strategy
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Applicants from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $145,200-$210,100. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.