Lead Salesforce Commerce Cloud Business Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are seeking a Lead Business Analyst on our Commerce team for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. This person will work with our Strategy, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver solutions for our clients. This role will act a subject matter expert on the technologies that we implement and will lead projects from start to finish, partnering with our clients throughout the engagement.
A successful candidate will be able to quickly understand and explain different technologies and solutions, explaining how they may to a client’s business needs. They will think critically to identify actionable insights and be able to articulate their communication to business and technical stakeholders.
You will become an integral part of Merkle’s Commerce Business Analysis team, which is instrumental in solving business problems, design systems, and have a direct impact on client's lives.
We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst with the following competencies and technical skills
- Lead client teams, who will be the primary decision-makers, through design and functional discussions to gain a thorough understanding of specific goals, business processes, systems, data, and people.
- Consult and identify growth opportunities from client discussions to support our business development and sales teams.
- Collaborate with architects and project teams to provide recommendations on customer solution based on existing gaps between system capabilities and customer business needs and goals.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on the functional capabilities of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform.
- Facilitate Discovery sessions, Backlog Refinement, and Sprint Planning meetings to external and internal stakeholders are aligned on the project goals.
- Organize complex information into simple, manageable requirements.
- Ability to step in and quickly assess a support client's needs to execute platform assistance or recommendations for enhancements.
- Identify and mitigate risks around project scope, business needs, and solutions.
- Recognize misalignment of client expectations and collaborate with the team to reset them.
- Manage, prioritize, and monitor development progress to remove roadblocks related to requirements, client approvals, and timely deliverables.
- Organize User Acceptance Testing to create a plan, test cases, support clients for UAT readiness and perform UAT, prioritization, and remediation of UAT issues.
- 5+ years of experience in a client facing role as a Business Analyst in an Ecommerce or related environment (consultancy or agency experience preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of out-of-the-box platform features for Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC)
- Must have Salesforce Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA) experience.
- Working knowledge of Business Manager in SFCC
- Proficient knowledge of Office Suite, requirements management (e.g. Confluence), and ticketing system (e.g. Jira, Service Management, etc.)
- General working knowledge of the following concepts or demonstrate willingness and ability to rapidly learn to apply knowledge:
o Salesforce Site Readiness Assessment (SRA) process
o Ecommerce Business Process and Flow Best Practices
o Data Mapping
o User experience design and usability
o Merchandising, content management, site search optimization
o Order management, payment process, fraud, taxation, fulfillment, customer service
- Conceptual understanding of:
o Integration to Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience, Salesforce OMS, Salesforce Lightning, and other systems
o Analytics and ecommerce metrics and tagging
o XML/API docs
o Digital Marketing (SEO, paid search, email, social)
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company-sponsored matching program
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology.
Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $83,760k - $121,300k. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.