IT_global sourcing_1 onsite team 3_fy22
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part of Dentsu, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Advanced Analytics)
This role is responsible for building intelligent data platforms for top-tier global organizations in the areas of marketing & customer analytics, eCommerce & merchandising analytics. In this role, you will work closely with client leaders to understand their business problems and consult on data-driven approaches to inform or solve them.
This will involve building complex data pipelines and integrated algorithms to process very large data sets across hundreds of features and KPIs to deliver actionable insights at scale.
Typical problem statements involve (a mix of) measuring the impact of interventions on marketing or product outcomes, structuring & developing email targeting and product discounting frameworks to drive growth, leveraging market data to drive tactical and strategic competitive strategies around pricing and assortments, identifying fraudulent transactions, generating automated insights at scale, developing intuitive data stories to drive granular visibility into marketing, operational and business performance.
To crush this role, you will need technical acumen to derive data driven solutions, and consulting experience to perform effective problem inquiry and synthesize analytical outcomes, to present insights to senior leaders driving actionability and impact.
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Advanced Analytics)
- Code custom packages, pipelines, testing & auditing frameworks using Python & SQL, that follow industry best practices in Python & SQL
- Research and build new algorithms making appropriate use of baseline, ensemble, and deep learning techniques
- Work closely with clients to discuss and understand their business needs; work with clients to achieve business impact/excellence by helping them implement data driven decision through solutions provided by Ugam
- Scope work-effort and develop plans involving a global team; mentor, coach and guide junior members of the team to increase operational efficiency, quality of the solution and to provide upskill opportunity where needed
- Support organizational efforts towards team engagement and performance management, be involved in performance reviews and provide consistent & constructive feedback to grow team’s capabilities
- Consult on data strategies and own the execution of those strategies when needed
- Focus on analyst efficiencies and drive automation of commonly occurring requests
- When requested participate in AC growth related initiatives (building proposals for new projects etc.)
Bachelor’s in computer science (preferred), Statistics (preferred), any other engineering
- Master of Science in Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related fields)
- 4-6 years in data engineering, analytics & consulting services, demonstrating:
- Extensive software development experience
- Applying statistical techniques to business problems & building for scale
- Engaging with, and presenting to senior leaders
- Building compelling self-serve analytics tools (dashboards)
- Synthesizing insights to build strong perspectives and drive decisioning
- Very good programming fundamentals (in Python)
- High proficiency in statistical modeling using Python
- Proficiency in complex querying, joining and manipulating raw datasets for analysis using SQL
- Good data storytelling skills using PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Tableau (or PowerBI / Spotfire / Looker)
- Good understanding of Business finance
- High engagement skills, led by good communication & listening skills
- Curious minded and detail-oriented
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.