Cloud Engineer (Monitoring)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking for someone able to:
- Manage day-to-day maintenance and evolution of our monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Design and Build new monitoring strategies and solutions, with integrations of multiple sources.
- Improve performance monitoring coverage of our projects.
- Confident in Cloud Computing, in highly automated environments and concepts such as monitoring integration, monitoring automation, CI/CD pipelines.
- Effectively measure a wide range of performances such as Applications, Infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines.
- Capture, transform and centralize metrics, logs and trace for effective observability and visualization.
- Create automated alerts to notify team members of regressions or issues.
- Build and improve existing documentation.
- Maintain and improve our full-stack monitoring framework.
- Write monitoring-oriented blog posts relevant to the community.
- Understand customer requirements and manage expectations for personal deliverables.
- Communicate well and good in client relationship, effective at understanding our product portfolio and how to promote our offer.
- Perform technical debugging, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis for monitoring related issues as well as assistance in resolution.
- A drive to learn new things, continuous improvement following company’s internal education program.
- Demonstrate and share his passion and enthusiasm for technology and its adoption.
- Good all-rounder technical skills in IT, systems, applications, Cloud Computing.
- Good experience with monitoring solutions such Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash), Prometheus, Grafana, Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Power BI, Cloudwatch, Datadog.
- Experience with time-series databases.
- Good understanding of large-scale applications, network architectures, monitoring, and fault management.
- Experience developing monitoring dashboards and administrating monitoring solutions.
- Coordinate between support and development teams to ensure effective delivery of monitoring services to the end-user.
- Stay on top of the latest monitoring technology and trends.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud offering: AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus.
- Ability to code in Python or Go is a plus.
- Knowledge of Security concepts and their role in monitoring is a plus.
- Familiar with source code management using Git.
- Knowledge of agile development processes and methods.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Fluent in English, other language such as German and French is a plus.
- Methodological, flexible, fast learner, autonomous, team player.
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 313