We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
- Design and implement data ingestion and processing of various data sources using public cloud (MS Azure, AWS, GCP) big data technologies like Databricks, AWS Glue, Azure DataFactory, Redshift, Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda, Azure Functions etc.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence consultants and assemble large and complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements for data lakehouse.
- Support data scientist / analyst teams in deployment and optimization of AI / Machine Learning models and other data algorithms in services like AWS SageMaker or Azure ML.
- Develop data pipelines to provide actionable insights into marketing automation, customer acquisition and other key businesses areas.
- Develop DevOps automation of continuous development / test / deployment processes.
- Document implemented data pipelines and logic in a structured manner using Confluence, plan your activities using Agile methodology in Jira.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs, like optimizing existing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Support pre-sales by proposing technical solution and accurate effort estimate
- Experience in building and productionizing big data architectures, pipelines and data sets.
- Understanding data concepts and patterns of big data, data lake, lambda architecture, stream processing, DWH, BI & reporting.
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented / functional / scripting languages like Python, Scala, Java, R, C++, Bash, PowerShell etc.
- Experience with MS Azure (Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure SQL, Event Hub, etc.) or AWS (Glue, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Sagemaker, etc.) cloud services.
- Implementing large-scale data/events oriented pipelines/workflows using ETL tools.
- Extensive working experience with relational (MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, Snowflake, etc.) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience in setting up and using CI/CD automation tools like Azure DevOps, AWS CodePipeline, etc.
- Person who is precise, well organized, has good communication skill, can adapt to changing circumstances and is not afraid of responsibility for his / her work will do great in this role.
- Deep hands-on development experience in MS Azure or AWS environments
- Past experience in delivery of business intelligence projects, using tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, Keboola…
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable real-time data processing using technologies like Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline / workflow management tools like AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Airflow, AWS Step Functions, NiFi, etc.
Why should you work with us?
- We are cooperating with an all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from to our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded branch of a company with a very strong and stable background of the Swiss/Germany headquarters.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients.
And we offer even more:
- Brand new offices in Prague and Brno centre with great accessibility
- Laptop and international tariff even for your private use
- Cafeteria of benefits to choose from – life insurance, pension insurance, Edenred Cafeteria and more are coming
- 5 weeks of paid vacation (25 days)
- 3 Wellness Days
- Medical advisory system – ulekare.cz
- Well-being benefit - Soulmio
- We value self-education and learning new technologies, so we support all our team members in obtaining new certifications, attending learning tutorials and conferences etc.
- Flexible working hours
- We have an employee breakfast regularly, we enjoy beer and wine and we create a lot of opportunities to get together for those who enjoy life, not only work.