Sr. Copywriter [Pharma]
Supporting leading pharma client’s omnichannel enablement team, this Sr. Copywriter should possess an understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and be able to communicate brand objectives to authentically connect with audiences. The Sr. Copywriter will need to translate complex details of various therapeutic areas and thoroughly understand the Diabetes, Cardiovascular, and Transplant products, brand guidelines, and marketing goals to develop digestible promotional content and messaging.
This position requires a highly detailed, creative thinker with excellent storytelling abilities, as well as a love for life sciences, research, and annotation. This role will help craft bold and evocative marketing messages, promotional-only training materials, and digital content that engages and influences sales teams, healthcare professionals (HCPs), and patients and their caregivers.
The role of a copywriter is influenced by the demands of fast-paced omnichannel environment with equal importance on creativity, being on-brand, on-time, and aligned with regulatory guidelines and processes. Detail and organization matter in regulatory submissions to achieve efficient approvals.
Expect to work closely with the Brand Omnichannel Engagement Leads and the Omnichannel Enablement team Agile Leads for project intake, brainstorming ideas, execution, and presentations. Key stakeholder interviewing skills will be required. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style, especially copy the that drives HCPs to quick engagement and intuitively prompts next-level actions to continue the HCP on their journey. A curious mind is also highly valued with mindset of asking “what if.”
Support editorial team by performing daily tasks, including but not limited to:
· Set the overall content marketing mission statement
· Bring together content across the full customer journey to educate our audience about our products and services and drive continued growth
· Establish a brand framework for our written tone/voice
· Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
· Have a strong sense of UX/CX principles and understanding what drives HCP engagement
· Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
· Responsible for ensuring the quality of all externally facing content and adherence to our brand voice, tone, and writing style
· Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creativity from concepts through execution
· Research and understand the clients’ needs and target audiences, through an online search, review of existing research, and interviews with subject matter experts
· Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials; use references and annotations as needed
· Collaborate with a team of client service managers, strategists, and creative staff on timelines, allocated resources, and creative execution
· Present copy concepts and final deliverables to the internal team, and to the client as needed
· Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
· Participate in the regulatory responsibilities and requirements to gain asset approvals
· Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
· Understand and follow regulatory standards and requirements for successful submissions
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or related discipline
· Minimum 6-8 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work; Healthcare/Pharma experience required
· Experience with Diabetes, Cardiovascular and/or Transplant therapeutic areas a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.