Sr. Manager, Datorama (Remote - USA)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Sr. Manager will be an integral part of our US-based data visualization capability. This role will be responsible for leading the deployment of client Datorama solutions, supporting client marketing and media functions, and utilizing BI best practices.
***Must have Datorama experience***
- Owns dashboard development project delivery for their "book of business" consisting of large and small-scale clients
- Sets vision for accounts and develops reporting and measurement roadmaps and execution plans with short- and long-term deliverables
- Mobilizes cross-functional teams to deliver exemplary data visualization and BI services across a range of projects including analytics, measurement, media, creative, testing, optimization, and attribution
- Analyzes and establishes measurement governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing client reporting data
- Anticipates resource needs; ensures team has the right skills, training and technology/tools required to support current client requirements and future growth
- Works closely with account leadership to nurture client relationship and plan account growth
- Manages teams of analysts effectively as both a project manager and a career advocate
- Drives innovation to ensure the Customer Analytics and Data Visualization offering leads the market and delivers compelling results for clients
- Manage data analysis activities including documenting data dictionaries and data mappings, defining optimal data schemas for the relevant BI tool, and acting as subject matter expert in BI and Analytics tools capabilities
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients to consult on measurement strategy, reporting best practices, BI tool choice assessments, and customer experience optimization challenges; proactively shares POVs and thought leadership regarding industry trends and potential implications for clients
- Facilitate and lead project management efforts and tracking including effort estimation, implementation plans, as well as tracking project through delivery
- Understand business stakeholder’s data, BI, and Analytics requirements and provide a solution grounded in measurement and data strategy
- Supports new business opportunities to ensure the Data Visualization offering is positioned as key point of differentiation against other data and analytics market leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Information Management or related quantitative field required
- 5-7 years+ of demonstrated ability in data, analytics, data visualization, and business intelligence
- Proficient in building and publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards with industry leading reporting tools such as Datorama
- Excellent portfolio of dashboards demonstrating technical expertise in a BI tool as well as data visualization best practices
- Track record of working with other industry BI/Reporting toolsets including Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Looker, Spotfire, etc.
- Must have strong consultative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experienced with change management and effective team and/or client communication
- Drive for continuous improvement of solution delivery models to ensure we continue to innovate and improve
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork.
- Must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team; foster the development of high-performance teams and interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities
- Ability to sell ideas and vision with passion and conviction, derived from industry knowledge and best practices
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $132,800 – $192,500. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/