Lead Developer, Adobe Analytics Tag Management (Remote - USA)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Merkle is seeking Lead Developers for the execution of the design, development web analytics implementations within client’s web and mobile platforms for various clients, and be an integral part of the Optimization group at Merkle. Candidates are expected to use their passion for data and analytics to develop innovative ways of improving site tracking and performance.
Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of digital measurement principles ranging from data analysis methodologies to implementation strategies, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the major web analytics solutions such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics. The candidate should also have some exposure to back-end data warehouse platforms.
Lead Developers at Merkle must be detail-oriented, team-oriented and skilled at solving problems. They must also possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel from time to time to support client projects. The candidate will join a growing marketing strategy team and assist in expanding the optimization activities for clients.
- Design & develop Adobe Analytics solution & technical implementation documentation for web and app platforms
- Build and execute tagging test cases to ensure that the appropriate metrics are being collected by Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics/3rd party tags and fed into the appropriate endpoints
- Ensure data accuracy with on-going QA, audits and data integrations across multiple systems, technologies and external vendor tools and applications
- Administer the Adobe Analytics product from top to bottom - variables, processing rules, classifications, marketing channels, data feeds, Mobile Services, etc.
- Lead collaboration sessions among agency and client stakeholders to facilitate optimal tagging, reporting and analytics capabilities
- Provide a leadership role in the evaluation and use of web analytics capabilities that allow clients to maximize insights into the use and effectiveness of its digital platforms
- Demonstrate an instrumental role in the implementation and adoption of web capabilities such as testing, targeting, and personalization
- 2+ years using Adobe DTM, Launch or GTM for web tagging, report generation, and data feeds is mandatory
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Analytics, or Statistical analysis
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions and also support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $83,200 – $121,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.