Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) refers to ads placed on search engines, like Google or Bing, that appear in response to a user’s search terms. This includes text ads (Paid Search) and product listing ads (Feeds Management). Companies are increasingly relying on this type of advertising and SEM has seen continued growth, proving to be an invaluable tactic for companies to get their brand in front of a primed audience and, ultimately, their customers. SEM Analysts at Merkle maintain outstanding relations with these companies, our clients, and work closely with them to develop efficient SEM strategies through ongoing reporting, analysis and optimization. Using your analytical prowess and problem-solving skills within SEM, you will drive direct and substantial impact on clients’ business growth.
- Perform keyword research, write ad copy, optimize and manipulate product feeds, develop search traffic estimates, segment keywords into campaign structures and align them based on business goals, and utilize creative marketing skills to contribute to the idea generation for new market tests
- Conduct research (industry, client, competitive, etc.), create presentations, and provide regular communication to clients (written and verbal)
- Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises, with Excel and proprietary tools
- Self-manage execution of activities against deadlines across multiple work-streams
- Complete activities according to best practices, standard operations procedures, and team member guidance, consistently meeting quality standards, utilizing ethical approach and striving to add value in each activity
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings
- Day to day engagement, collaboration, and partnering with internal teams, search engine partners, and client teams will be required
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative, marketing, or related discipline preferred with strong grades both in their major and overall
- Must have a strong grasp of numbers and be comfortable with quantitative analysis and simple statistics
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional travel required (5%) typically for client QBRs
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $48,000 - $50,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/