Technical Campaign Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle, an innovative leader in Marketing technology, is seeking a Campaign Technical Architect to work on several high-profile Digital Campaign Solution Implementations. This position sits in the Campaign Implementations Delivery Team. The Campaign Technical Architect leads the implementation of the campaign platform and ensures delivery of a campaign solution that meets a client’s business needs and requirements, is efficient, and adheres to the Merkle Implementation methodology and strategy. This individual will be responsible for leading the campaign implementation team through the entire development life cycle including:
· installation and configuration of the environment and application
· system and campaign design
· data modeling
· development of data structures and campaigns
· unit testing and peer/code review
· campaign validation
· deployment of campaigns in production
The Campaign Technical Architect requires technical knowledge (functional, back-end and front-end) of campaign management software platforms, marketing data and database technologies, and of the marketing campaign lifecycle. This role serves as the technical subject matter expert for the given platform, as well as a consultant on projects involving multiple technologies, components, and software modules.
This position is full time and permanent, offers excellent compensation and benefits packages, and is immediately available.
· Responsible for the architecture of new campaign platform solutions; work with other Merkle teams to architect, design and oversee marketing campaign solutions specifically the campaign platform deployment
· Lead a team of developers in the technical development of campaign platform implementation projects
· Direct and guide the integration of marketing technologies and tools to meet client requirements
· Drive collaboration across functions and teams by translating needs/requirements into the final campaign solution implemented
· Perform role of technical subject matter expert for campaign platforms; provide consultation, direction and oversight to solution leads and developers on the platform and solution as it’s being implemented
· Expertise to accurately document technical requirements, design solution elements and code within the platform
· Troubleshooting and issues resolution
· Able to effectively communicate to both non-technical clients and technical development teams
· Interfaces directly with client and internal teams, to address and manage requests and communicate status
· Adhere to solution build timelines and escalate issues as soon as they arise
· Prepare proposals and time estimates for potential future solutions
· Provides training and demonstration of the tool(s) for clients and prospects
· Provide documentation and lead information sharing sessions on final solution for client sign-off and/or internal transition to managed services team
· Provide input to the Campaign Center of Excellence team, sharing knowledge and documentation on “how to” and best practices, etc.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field
4+ years hands on technical development experience in Adobe Campaign:
Implementation - installation, configuration, and campaign set-up
Architecture design and data flow
Code design and execution
- Real time Messaging, Data Modeling, and API (SOAP) integration with different data sources in Adobe suite
Strong knowledge of DBMS and cloud environments - SQL Server, Redshift, Snowflake and cloud technologies; solid understanding of relational database concepts
Strong knowledge of Martech stack technologies
Strong knowledge of ESP technologies and functionality, specifically Adobe
Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, others a plus
- Ability to translate business language into technical requirements and campaign rules
- Experience with J2EE platforms (Weblogic, IIS, Websphere, etc.)
- Marketing Campaign Lifecycle, inclusive of deep expertise in all aspects of marketing campaigns including: defining and understanding the strategy, defining requirements, designing the structures and environments, understanding the data at a very detailed level, design of the marketing campaigns, QA, and fully understanding campaign execution
- Deep understanding of the campaign process, as well as supporting processes, and is particularly skilled at managing the process
· A self-driven, detail-oriented, and organized individual who has strong time management skills allowing them to manage multiple key activities at the same time
Strategic and critical thinking are a must
Team player, collaborator, proven track record of cohesiveness
Able to handle a high rate of change and fast paced environment
Advanced troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
Excellent verbal communication and comprehension skills
Other campaign tool experience, such as Redpoint or Unica, a plus
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.