Talent Acquisition Teamlead Germany
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking to hire an experienced Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager to lead our amazing TA Team of 4 in Germany (growing to 6). In addition to managing and coaching the team, you’ll also be responsible for hiring Senior technical and non-technical roles depending on business demands and work on several exciting projects around EVP, DE&I, mobility and process optimisation working closely with international teams to improve our service to candidates and clients. This is a hugely exciting time for us as we transform the way we recruit top talent so if you’d like to be part of shaping something new, this could be the role for you.
- 50% operational management of a dedicated team of 4 recruiting experts in Germany (growing to 6); leadership, development, workload tracking, assigning requisitions and training ensuring we deliver an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience
- 50% operational recruitment: with a focus on direct sourcing/head-hunting talent across a broad spectrum of roles and clients
- Represent the team on senior stakeholder weekly meetings; presenting achievements, updates and KPI tracking
- Trouble shooting problems and delivering solutions that improve processes, ensuring your team can continuously deliver top talent to the business at pace
- Acting as a strategic advisor to Senior Stakeholders and hiring managers in Germany, providing country specific advice and guidance and highlights risks and challenges
- Keep abreast of hiring trends in Germany and provide market insight with EMEA leadership
- Close partnership with HR to ensure a seamless connection between our processes and improve onboarding
- Partnership with other functions including Operations, Legal, Staffing and Marketing Functions
- Driving effective communications strategies across Germany to ensure hiring managers are aware of updates to the process
- Work in synergy with the other team leads from different locations to support the function cross-countries and agility amongst Recruiters
- Responsible for reporting, metrics and ensuring our TA systems are being properly and efficiently by the team (SmartRecruiters, Workday, reporting etc)
- Managing the relationship and negotiation with third party suppliers Leading on strategic projects that improve our process, amplify our brand and ensure we deliver an outstanding candidate experience
- Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, acting as an ambassador to the business, HR and TA
- You have a proven track record of leading a small team in talent acquisition – ideally in a digital or technology environment and genuinely care about driving their development.
- You see yourself as a trusted business partner who gives valued strategic advice and thrives from delighting clients.
- You have experience improving the candidate experience and understand their journey is at the heart of our success.
- You like to work both strategically and operationally – in fact you understand still delivering hires makes you a stronger leader
- Your analytical skills make is easy for you to identify data trends, interpret relevant KPIs and initiate appropriate measures and identify trends
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to influence across all levels - both in German and English
- Your solution-oriented, people focused way of working coupled with your perseverance and determination helps you through difficult phases
- You are a leader in identifying market trends and thrive from improving processes
- You’re passionate and enthusiastic about driving DE&I initiatives and happy to challenge the status quo to create impactful change
- You come with experience in driving wider TA initiatives; ideally around EVP, talent pipelining, early careers, effective assessment and selection, TA operations and Exec hiring and are exciting about your own development and stretch assignments
With us, you will become part of:
- A friendly, supportive international team of creative minds who are passionate about unearthing top talent
- A dynamic environment where you will never fall into a routine work, constant projects around every corner
- A hugely engaged hiring manager community who deeply care and value talent acquisition – they understand we are a the heart of their growth agenda
- An agile fun atmosphere where you will grow, develop and hard work will be recognized constantly
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands-on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Head of Talent Acquisition - CXM, EMEA