Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to join a fast growing and rapidly changing organisation. We are seeking a Part Qualified or a Finalist studying for either CIMA or ACCA, with experience working on Group reporting and intercompany accounts in a medium to large sized corporate organisation.
As Merkle UK grows, intercompany requirements for the UK group is expanding. The role will take ownership of the Merkle UK intercompany process ensuring that all intercompany work conducted by Merkle UK is commercially covered. This role will interface with colleagues in London, Bristol and Barcelona and form part of a UK based Finance team of circa 30 people.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a difference in a growing team, support our international success and develop a career in an organisation where no one day is the same!
Life as a Management Accountant at Merkle
· We are a strong, high performing team within the business with a reputation for delivering financial information in a very timely manner to a high standard.
· It’s a roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in type of role
· The role takes ownership of the monthly P&L, balance sheet and production of management reporting, including the BPC reporting process to our ultimate parent company, Dentsu
· Ownership of finance system, interco reporting tools, fixed assets register and balance sheet reconciliations using Blackline
· The role will also provide support to our Media spend process
· You will be expected to uphold processes and procedures to ensure financial control
· General ad hoc activities to support the Finance function
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
· You will be either Part Qualified or a Finalist studying for either CIMA or ACCA
· Your experience will have been gained from a medium to large sized corporate business
· Strong IT literacy, in particular with Excel (V look ups, Pivot tables and Macros) with an aptitude for learning new technologies
· Self-motivated and highly methodical, keen to learn and progress in an industry-leading company
· Excellent organisational skills to deliver against required deadlines, capable of working on your own initiative and seeking assistance when appropriate
· Strong attention to detail
· Resilience to see tasks through to completion
· Good team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.