Front End/Web Developer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Summary of Role
The Front end developer will develop and maintain the front-end of multiple
products. They will gather user requirements, write, and code using an agile
methodology, and continuously updates the front-end of product. They will
collaborate with internal stakeholders, the development team and Scrum Master to
develop, design, build, and launch the product.
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance client organization's technology stack
- Write scalable code with associated server API tests
- Collaborate with other team members to implement user stories, write tests, and continuously deliver new / improved product functionality
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications
- Communicate with internal IT teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
- Build client organization's brand in the technology community
Typical Skills and Background:
- Competency with styling frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, foundation, Semantic) and
- experience with SASS, Less.
- Knowledge of consuming RESTful APIs, SSO / OAuth, LDAP and Search Technologies
- Basic knowledge of design principles, being able to maintain central theme an style, with interest in delivering human interfaces that are a pleasure to use
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Relevant technology diploma / degree
- Experience in writing automated tests including unit and functional tests
- Working with modern source control and branching methodologies.