Digital Experience Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last few months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. You will join a growing CX function that are all passionate about how to make a real impact through inspiring clients to enhance their digital experiences. There are huge opportunities within the team, so if you want to be part of something exciting, then be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
Merkle is looking to introduce a DX Senior Associate to its Digital Experience team to work side by side with our diverse range of DX experts, and help shape and deliver differentiating digital experiences for our clients. This person will have at least 3+ years working within digital, including 2+ years working within an insight or data-driven role. This person will previously have worked in a client-facing role.
The DX Senior Associate needs to be agile and comfortable with a diverse and fast-paced workload. This person needs to be outgoing and ready to get stuck in! The role requires a balance of creativity & analytical thinking and our new hire will be comfortable with both big picture thinking and turning ideas into practice.
The role entails working across DX strategy, taking into account data-driven UX and UI design disciplines in order to create high-performing Digital Experiences. We are looking for someone to help drive and shape our Digital Experience projects, working closely with the client to understand, define and achieve their strategic goals.
The DX Senior Associate will work closely with the team to manage projects of work that will touch on DX analysis, DX vision and roadmap development, KPI & Design Principle definition, UX including persona development, as well as the technical implementation and measurement of digital experience platforms. Projects will vary from complete re-designs of websites, apps or other digital platforms, to business as usual projects which focus on maintaining and optimising the current Digital Experience.
This role is an opportunity to help with the evolution of the DX team to ensure that our Digital Experiences are always measurable and measured from both a behavioural data perspective as well as a usability perspective, so that we can quantify, manage and optimise our Digital Experience outputs. The DX Senior Associate will work with our analytics teams to bring the data life through visualisation and storytelling.
The DX Senior Associate will work closely with clients as well as across a wide variety of different Merkle teams, both here in London and internationally in order to deliver on our goals. These include but are not limited to; CRO, Analytics, Creative & Media. People & relationship management is central to this role, as well as ensuring that the customer remains at the heart of the decision-making process, always.
Life as a DX Senior Associate at Merkle
· Work across a diverse range of projects, clients, and industries.
· Deliver across the full DX spectrum of strategy, insight, innovation, creation, testing, measurement, and optimisation.
· Create and carry out current-state audits of existing sites to assess the current state and look for opportunities to improve.
· Understand consumer needs, perform competitive analysis, user testing, and develop insight to aid in the development of the digital experience strategy and inform design decisions.
· Visualise concepts to represent user journeys, personas, goals, and information models.
· Work closely with clients and other teams to quickly hone your craft and grow as a DX practitioner.
· Work with optimisation teams and data specialists to develop testing and optimisation plans to further improve designs.
· Further enhance your knowledge and experience with training, conferences, events.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· 3+ years working within digital, including 2+ years working within an insight or data driven role
· 1+ years experience working on website or app based projects
· Be an excellent communicator and feel confident in a client-facing role.
· An inquisitive and creative mind set, with the ability to empathise with the end user
· Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to produce insights that help our clients improve their Digital Experiences
· Proficient use of data platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Google Search Console
· Experience successfully applying insights as part of a ‘test and learn’ approach
· Confidence to use data insights to define, challenge and support customer & business requirements
· Understanding of core web design, with a background in creating, user flows, process flows & experience maps.
· Understanding of tools such as Adobe Experience Manager or a similar CMS would be nice, but not required.
· Preferably, you will have experience working in an agency environment, but this is not mandatory.
· Other responsibilities of the Senior DX Associate will include contributing to proposals and supporting sales literature, planning and attending client workshops, project requirements gathering, scope definition and creating clear and engaging project documentation.
· Above all else we are looking for someone who is outgoing and passionate, with a strong will to learn, we work in an ever changing industry where new best practices and technologies are released almost weekly.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.