MarTech Managed Service Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
This role can be based in the UK or Spain.
The Managed Service Lead is responsible for defining, developing and successfully executing a broad set of decisioning managed service GTM propositions.
The role is responsible for achieving revenue, gross margin, client NPS and employee satisfaction targets as defined by the business and is accountable for identifying, and supporting client partners, to close new managed service opportunities in new logo and existing accounts.
The Managed Service Lead will work closely with the capability CoEs to identify opportunities for new propositions and to ensure that existing GTM propositions remain current. The Managed Service Lead will define the delivery model for the managed service team and is responsible for ensuring that the team has the right blend of talent and skills profiles across nearshore and offshore locations. A points-based rate card system to describe services offered and corresponding level of effort will be developed and maintained by the Managed Service lead. The rate card will be standardised across clients whilst retaining some flexibility for customisation to accommodate specific client requirements.
The role will interface closely with the Acquisition and Build Lead roles and is responsible for co-defining standard operating procedures, including the definition of all necessary handoffs, to transition a client from the build phase into a managed service proposition.
The role leads a team of 17 FTE and is responsible for growing and developing the team ensuring that every associate has a clear career development plan, that individuals have the opportunity to progress through the pyramid structure at an appropriate cadence and that attrition targets are achieved or exceeded.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Deliver managed service contracts to Merkle specified quality standards, on time and on budget.
- Achieve revenue and margin contribution for all managed service initiatives as per agreed targets. Identify new business opportunities and collaborate with Growth team to nurture and develop.
- Own managed service operating model including resource allocation and split of responsibilities between nearshore and offshore locations.
- People leadership of the managed service team including goal setting, performance management & development planning and talent planning.
- Effective management of external client stakeholders, including ownership of formal governance structure such as PRBs/QBRs, and internal relationships within the capability (commercial leads, CoE leads) and outside including MS peers, Growth, Client Partner, HR, Finance and Exec leadership teams.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Extensive experience in marketing decisioning, data management and campaign management domains
- Strong understanding of managed service delivery methodologies and prior client facing experience preferable.
- Previous experience managing and developing teams; ideally experience of managing remote teams.
- Prior P&L management experience preferred
Key Performance Indicators
- Revenue & gross margin targets for managed service engagements.
- Team utilisation rate • Glint people survey score
- Team attrition rate
- Client NPS
- % of team certified on latest Pega release (v8x)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.