Adobe Analytics Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We work with a broad range of clients from any sector you could imagine. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon.
As part of Merkle EMEA we hold the most Adobe Solutions Specialisations of any other global organisation and are looking to hire a solutions consultant to lead the delivery of Adobe Analytics implementation and insights work. The successful candidate will instantly be an important and significant part of our Adobe Analytics team. Our team recently delivered one of the first ever implementations of Adobe Experience Platform in EMEA and we expect our involvement in AEP to increase in 2021!
A typical day will rarely be the same but could be a mixture of coding, leading projects and teams, analysing data, presenting to clients, developing and delivering training, mentoring and learning about new technologies and analysis methods.
The development of our technical capabilities and thought leadership within the Adobe Analytics space will be a critical part of the role. Having said that, there will be the opportunity to work with/learn about the Google Analytics 360 Suite if desired. After all, we are also the largest Sales Partner for the 360 Suite in the UK!
Life as an Adobe Lead Analytics at Merkle
This is a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs! Day to day activities may cover the full spectrum of technical web analytics work from implementation through to analysis and will include a strong measure of client/project/team management. Some of the work you’ll be expected to undertake as an Analytics Lead:
- Work with clients to define their measurement strategies and drive data maturity and activation
- Propose new projects and technologies to add value to their business
- Nurture client relationships and become a trusted extension of their business through ongoing communication
- Lead and be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects at the same time
- Provide actionable insights via your own data analysis
- Present ideas and outcomes of projects to clients
- Develop and deliver training to internal teams and clients
- Coach and help more junior members of the team
- Be a go-to expert for Adobe Analytics and use this expertise to present internally and externally and write blogs and case studies
- Improve internal techniques, processes, documentation and quality assurance
- Assisting sales teams with Adobe focussed new business opportunities
- Potential for line management responsibility if desired
Some of the technical work you’ll be expected to undertake and/or lead teams to deliver:
- Work with the client’s developers to design and deploy robust data layers
- Work with Adobe Launch and other tag management solutions to implement Adobe Analytics and other tools
- Troubleshoot issues with Adobe Analytics implementations
- Advanced analysis of Adobe Analytics data in Analysis Workspace
- Work with different APIs, raw data, reporting and visualisation platforms to build custom solutions
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Primarily this role will involve using Adobe Analytics therefore we anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 3 years of hands-on experience in the platform is highly desirable. To support this knowledge, a background in the following would be expected:
- Fundamentals of tracking and tagging for marketing and measurement
- Experience of implementation and/or leading the implementation of Adobe Analytics
- Expert knowledge of Analysis Workspace
- Experience with Adobe Launch and/or other tag management systems
- Exposure to influencing and presenting to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of leading/managing large projects
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience with some of the wider Adobe Experience Cloud solutions (Target, Audience Manager + Campaign are of particular interest)
- Top level knowledge of other MarTech / AdTech platforms e.g. DMPs, CDPs, GMP etc and how they work
- Knowledge of data science techniques and languages such as Python
- Previous team member mentoring/management experience
Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple client stakeholders of varying seniority and technical knowledge are crucial as this role requires the successful candidate to be able to lead client engagements from day 1. We are looking for someone to come into this role and make it their own with lots of autonomy and minimal supervision!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.