Getting Personal with Engineers Pays Off for TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity (formerly Tyco Electronics) is an industrial technology manufacturer of connectors and sensors that are used in virtually everything from fitness trackers to automotive vehicles and oil rigs. A key audience for TE is engineers who design and specify electronic components. As the engineering audience is large and diverse, TE was looking to more effectively reach and serve engineers across a broad range of industries.
The company had gaps in its understanding of why its engineer customers buy. A segmentation strategy, optimized media plan, and customer-first strategy were required to find out what was driving sales and to inform TE on how to better reach and engage with engineers.
B2B International, Merkle | DWA and Merkle came together to help TE transition from being product-focused to customer-first. This process included the following strategies:
- Creating a compelling segmentation model to improve targeting and brand resonance;
- Building brand awareness and driving conversion through an optimized media plan;
- Assessing TE’s marketing technology and customer lifecycle management to identify key priorities for improvement.
In one year, the campaign resulted in:
increase in traffic to TE.com
increase in form submissions (requests to engage)
increase in purchase transactions
uplift in e-commerce revenue
Keys to success
- Creating a compelling segmentation model to improve targeting and brand resonance
- Building brand awareness and driving conversion through an optimized media plan
- Assessing TE’s marketing technology and customer lifecycle management to identify key priorities for improvement