What’s trending in digital media as we countdown to the remainder of 2020? How have factors like the pandemic and the election influenced spending and how have big players like Amazon ads fared in the face of overwhelming demand. Find out in the Q3 report! Since its launch in 2011, our Digital Marketing Report (DMR) has become one of the most highly regarded and frequently cited reports in the digital marketing industry. Here’s an idea of what you’ll find:
- US paid search click growth is up 23% Y/Y in Q3 but has cooled off compared to Q2 at 38%, representing pandemic-related activity online.
- Retail is going strong and steady in organic search at 42% Y/Y growth in Q2 and Q3
- Travel organic search visits are still down 37% Y/Y, but improving from its 50% Y/Y decline in Q2
- In-store retail visits produced by Google search ads continue to improve and steady out in Q3, although still 30% below January levels
- Instagram continues to fare better than most digital platforms with 34% Y/Y growth in Q3, nearly back to Q1 growth levels
Performance Media & Digital Advertising
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)