Infrastructure Project Manager
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
With an exciting growth strategy Merkle continues to acquire new and exciting brands into its business and is bringing onboard renowned experts to diversify its offering.
In support of these growth plans in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), we are developing the region’s IT capability. We have a growing number of important projects to deliver including the integration of acquisitions into the dentsu/Merkle IT infrastructure and business systems.
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for managing projects that lead to the successful delivery of IT solutions that enable Merkle’s business. She/he will apply industry standard project management methodologies and best practice to manage the project management lifecycle and apply common sense in various situations. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating and assisting other team members. Candidates must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a desire to be part of a larger team and engage with broad technology initiatives. The successful candidate will be implementing solutions in an enterprise managed hosting environment and experience in this field is a key requirement of the role.
Life as a Project Manager at Merkle
The role will be challenging, rewarding and will have a strong focus on learning and development.
It will consist of managing all aspects of project implementation from inception to project closure. Some key elements of this will be to:
- Work with infrastructure teams to configure and implement integration playbooks
- Elicit and document technical and functional requirements and define project scope
- Provide succinct and informative project status reports
- Support operational and technical teams to complete and prioritize project tasks
- Develop and document project schedules, deliverables, and milestones through project plans
- Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects; managing risk mitigation planning and communication to project sponsors/stakeholders
- Design effective project structure that addresses specific solution/project requirements and is aligned with the IT delivery methodology
- Effectively manage project scope from a functional, schedule and financial perspective using relevant change management processes
- Coordinate the work of multiple project team members to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Accurately forecast resources and time for the duration of a project
- Work as the main liaison between operations teams, business stakeholders, vendors, and the PMO
- Participate in the development of project management processes and tools for consistent use within the IT organisation
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Contribute to the development of Merkle’s technology vision and strategy
A critical part of the role will be to manage and support the integration of new acquisitions into the Merkle technology landscape. We expect the successful candidate to consistently manage, prioritise and deliver projects and associated tasks within agreed timeframes and to the required quality standards. The IT function aims to provide high levels of customer service to the entire organisation. We want the Project Manager to experience positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys and rapid personal and career growth.
What we are looking for in you
- The suitable candidate will possess circa 2-4 years’ experience in multiple projects in a complex and rapidly changing environment, preferably in delivering technology changes or in projects related to business mergers and acquisitions
- Within this, we require experience of infrastructure projects (e.g. networks, server implementations, cloud migrations) and experience integrating legacy platforms and systems following an integration or acquisition
- Experience of enhancing and optimising IT PMO processes and procedures and have the ability to apply industry standard project management methodologies to drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to work with an internal matrixed consisting of many stakeholders to deliver against projects
- Achieve positive outcomes from challenging situations, working as part of a team to multitask to deliver against deadlines
- Be familiar with benefits realisation and how to deliver value from technology investments
- Strong communication skills required to communicate at all levels, managing expectations and possible conflict of views/interests
- Experience of tracking project level deliverables clearly and accurately for reporting purposes
Benefits and Perks
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Software-house environment
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work system
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- Mental health support
- Volunteering experiences and sustainable mindset
- 3 extra vacation days
- Free breakfast every first Monday of the month
- Employee discounts
- Team & Company events
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.