Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in HTML to join us. You will learn from our growing team of Email Developers and tasked with ensuring a quality output is delivered.
Alongside email the Digital team are big advocates of animated gifs and will help ensure that you are taught how to create them using Adobe Photoshop as well as creating online surveys and landing pages.
The role will give you the opportunity to work across a range of large client accounts and campaign types.
Life as an HTML Developer at Merkle
- The role will be focused on Email Campaign Delivery with hands on delivery of the client’s requirements including:
- Hands on HTML campaign production (email development, rendering optimization, dynamic rules) and deployment (content set up within deployment tool, applying segmentation, deployment scheduling, quality assurance);
- Work with internal teams and or client teams in coordinating and communicating content change requests;
- Being aware and having a proactive, mindful “eye” to problem identification and mitigation (associated with execution of HTML Email Campaigns); capable and confident problem-solving skills; recognizing when and to whom to escalate and issues; utilizing knowledge and experience to avoid repeat/similar problems in the future;
- Ensure all work being produced meets the highest standards, error free and delivered on time.
What we are looking for in you
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Dreamweaver).
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ability to create HTML emails from scratch.
- Circa: 1 years + experience.
- Proficient with any ESP Platform (e.g. Salesforce/Adobe Campaign) .
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.