SEO Content Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognized as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Due to incredible growth, we are looking for a Senior Content Specialist to join our talented & passionate SEO team. In this role you will be pivotal to the continued growth of the department by playing a leading role on one or more of our key accounts and developing international strategies.
Reporting to one of our fantastic SEO Managers, we’ll help you continue to develop your digital marketing career with the opportunity to grow global client account and collaborate with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic content campaigns.
Unlike some SEO content roles, you won’t find yourself building content campaigns with the aim of acquiring backlinks. Instead, we focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences, meaning your day to day will see you:
· Develop and implement content strategies with the support of SEO Associates.
· Develop and implement international content strategies in line with core client KPIs, SEO content findings and industry trends.
· Utilising keyword research and competitor insights to provide meaningful content recommendations and meet client objectives.
· Motivating and supporting a team to deliver against content SEO campaigns.
· Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items.
· Identify creative opportunities for content strategies that will generate interest for a variety of clients.
· Extracting insight from audience & campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
· Exhibiting clear understanding of overall client brand messaging, audiences and goals, and managing the development of content.
· Educating the wider team on content SEO and being responsible for answering questions on content processes, trends and strategies.
· Ability to communicate complicated SEO concepts to key stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimisation.
· Review and QA content deliverables to ensure they are of the highest standard before going to the client.
· Anticipate and mitigate challenges with delivery timelines, and oversee prioritisation of tasks.
· Support the wider team to prepare client presentations: Excels, Power Points, Quarterly Business Reviews as well as.
Our identical candidate will have:
· Fluent level in verbal and written English.
· Previous SEO experience – generally 5+ years (ideally within an Agency environment) proven experience of devising and managing a content strategy with demonstrable results.
· Understanding of how to create global content strategies.
· Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity.
· Ability to conduct in-depth keyword research and pull meaningful insights around intent that shape strategy.
· Ability to conduct competitor analysis to illustrate the search landscape and drive strategy.
· Knowledge of ‘quick win’ vs long-term return content tactics.
· Familiarity with the latest SERP features and different content formats that best meet user intent.
· Ability to identify issues with existing content (duplication, cannibalization, internal linking strategy) as well as spot opportunities to add new content that will boost organic traffic and improve UX.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
· Previous experience working with Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Data Studio.
· Experience working with common content tools, or the ability to learn how to use new tools quickly (e.g. Ahrefs, SEMRush, Conductor).
·Ambitious and driven with passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail.
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
· Good interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong client relationships.
· Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration.
Nice to have:
· Additional language is nice to have e.g. French, German, Spanish.
· Previous experience working for enterprise clients is a bonus
· Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams is a bonus (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
A few of our benefits:
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too:
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Annual wellness days.
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program.
- Merkle Benefits Club.
- Reduced fee in Andjoy.
- 2 volunteering days per annum.
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.