Service Delivery Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Would you like to be part of a multicultural team and company? Do you think outside the box?
Come and join our team!
As part of the daily work you will:
- act as first-level application/solution support across key accounts;
- develop, design, and maintain ETL processes combining T-SQL programming with ETL tools like SSIS;
- implement and maintain automation using scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, and Bash;
- combine your Windows experience with next-generation-technology like AWS, Athena, Big Query, or Redshift;
- learn various skills on the job to solve complex data and networking challenges;
- working with the team to identify, propose, acquire feedback, and implement solutions using the most appropriate technologies and best practices;
- provide database and applications support for marketing applications;
- configure, install, administrate, patch and deploy any application of the stack;
- process development and document;
- key solution reporting.
What we are looking for in you
- Excellent and proven experience in T-SQL scripting working with SQL Server databases, being able to create complex queries as well as other routines such as Stored Procedures, or create and schedule automated tasks using jobs.
- Experience in first level solution support.
- Desirable experience in dev/ops model.
- Very good level of English.
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability and desire to continuously learn and use complex new technologies.
- Desire to support, teach, and learn from co-workers and clients.
- Experience in Jira or similar software.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.