IC Senior_Pro Team_Sr. Analyst_Atlanta, GA_United States
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part of Dentsu, is looking for Senior Analysts
This role (remote now) is responsible for being a hands-on analyst, driving advanced analytics projects for top-tier global organizations in the areas of marketing & customer analytics, eCommerce & merchandising analytics. In this role, you will work closely with client leaders to understand their business problems and build data-driven approaches to inform or solve them. This will involve wrangling very large data sets using technical skills such as SQL, Python, and Tableau and, modern statistical modeling techniques for classification, regression, and clustering to perform the analysis.
Typical problem statements involve (a mix of) measuring the impact of interventions on marketing or product outcomes, structuring & developing email targeting and product discounting frameworks to drive growth, leveraging market data to drive tactical and strategic competitive strategies around pricing and assortments, identifying fraudulent transactions, generating automated insights at scale, developing intuitive data stories to drive granular visibility into marketing, operational and business performance.
To crush this role, you will need technical acumen to derive data-driven solutions, and consulting experience to perform effective problem inquiry and synthesize analytical outcomes, to present insights to senior leaders driving actionability and impact.
Role: Senior Analyst
- Execute end-to-end analytical tasks independently supporting senior client stakeholders
- Actively communicate and work closely with clients to discuss and understand their business needs; work with clients to achieve business impact/excellence by helping them implement data-driven decisions through solutions provided by Ugam
- Use problem-solving techniques and frameworks to ideate solutions, seek feedback, and iterate
- Research and apply relevant ML models, framing the business problems in generalized ML paradigms around clustering, regression, and classification. Justify to non-technical stakeholders the reason for using such models and be able to explain the consumption of these models and compare that with other similar models or approaches.
- Write reports and analytics readout stories (PowerPoints) that are clear, easy to understand for business users, and demonstrate a high degree of finesse.
- Consult on data strategies and own the execution of those strategies
- Ensure compliance to procedures laid out by Ugam and/or clients to track analytics project progress and updates
- Focus on analyst efficiencies and drive automation of commonly occurring requests
- When requested participate in AC growth-related initiatives (building proposals for new projects etc.)
- Bachelor’s in computer science (preferred), Statistics (preferred), or any other engineering
- Either Master of Science in Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related fields)
- Or MBA with Concentrations in Analytics related fields
- +3 years in analytics & consulting services, demonstrating:
- Extensive hands-on analytics project work
- Engaging with, and presenting to senior leaders
- Applying statistical techniques to business problems
- Building compelling self-serve analytics tools (dashboards)
- Synthesizing insights to build strong perspectives and drive decisioning
- Proficiency in complex querying, joining and manipulating raw datasets for analysis using SQL
- Exposure in statistical modeling using Python/R/SAS/any other math libs
- Good data storytelling skills using PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Tableau (or PowerBI / Spotfire / Looker)
- Good understanding of Business finance
- High engagement skills, led by good communication & listening skills
- Curious minded and detail oriented
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.