IOS Developer (Remote)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle CXM is an agency of dentsu.
We are seeking iOS Engineers who have proven experience developing and supporting native iOS mobile applications in a collaborative environment to develop highly interactive digital experiences.
Candidates will take direction from managers and tech leads while communicating issues, providing estimates, and helping to envision creative solutions to technical issues. iOS Engineers will work with creative, experience, and development team members to identify and resolve issues.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, stay up-to-date with relevant technologies, and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices.
The candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in developing iOS mobile applications
- Proficient in building apps using Objective-C, Swift experience is a plus
- Expert understanding of iOS SDK (Activity/Fragment Lifecycle, Services, Push, Core Location Services, Biometric Authentication)
- Expert with one or more common modern mobile architectural patterns (MVP, MVVM, VIPER) and reactive programming
- Experience with iOS end-to-end app development and App Store release process.
- Solid grasp of mobile networking concepts, RESTful API and GraphQL web services
- Experience with source control tools like Git
- Experience with Xcode profiling tools to identify and improve app performance
- Expertise in app memory management, multithreading, networking & Security
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible time-off
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.