Tech Lead for Sitecore application
Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices. We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 700 in our Northern Europe cluster, whereas approx. 330 of us are located in Denmark (Copenhagen & Aarhus.) We are a part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion, and cooperation.
Are you a front runner within your field of expertise and could you see yourself taking on the important role as our Tech Lead within backend for a complex Sitecore application?
You will be a part of our backend team consisting of 25+ colleagues in Copenhagen. Primarily, we work with .Net/C#, and CMS systems being Sitecore, Umbraco, and Optimizely/EPiServer. We work with large clients on all platforms and often with great complexity in the solutions. We work with architecture and integrations and help our clients both with recommendations on platform choices, integration options and opportunities in relation to platform, products, and cloud offerings.
We use and love Scrum, Azure, Azure devops, cloud offerings, Visual studio, Resharper, headless architecture, integrations, graph-ql, SQL, JSON.
Check out two incredible projects our developers are very proud of here and here.
Zooming in on the role
As our new Tech Lead, you will be developing intuitive, user-friendly solutions for our clients while putting your technical leadership skills to use. You will set the direction for our architecture and will be responsible for the execution and overall quality of the technical deliveries of a team. In close collaboration with the rest of the team, you will find the right technical approach to deliver the solutions needed to achieve the team objectives and our goals as a company.
Being a success in this role also means being a strong communicator. Both to your own colleagues and external parties. You will have a client-facing role and will also be expected to contribute to our commercial business teams' pre-sales agenda. Of course, without sales being your field of expertise. You are “just” expected to be the Technical Wizard.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- A great and central workplace.
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- Friday drinks and social events throughout the year.
- Daily-cious breakfast and lunch from our in-house chefs
- Wine tasting club, running club, game nights, grand parties, fun events
We expect you to confidently tick these boxes:
- Excellent data modeling and development skills in Microsoft .Net preferably C#
- Solid experience with Sitecore. Alternatively, other CMS systems like Umbraco/Optimizely/AEM
- Capable of writing and understanding technical documentation
- Working with version control including understanding and working in environments with CI/CD
- Quality conscience
- Capable of researching and analyzing complex solutions and features
- Knowing basics about application security
- Working with performance, logging, scalability, maintainability
- Estimation and risk assessment
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Anna Lynge, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected] or phone: +45 28 94 90 73.