SFMC Technical Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Come and join our team!
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative Technical Consultant for Salesforce Marketing Cloud to integrate into our growing teams working across a diverse mix of clients.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Technical Consultant role is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultancy with the ability to operate as a technical lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. As the technical consultant for multiple client projects, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those projects and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
Life as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Technical Consultant at Merkle
As part of your daily work, you will:
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of marketing and data solutions, ETL, platform configuration, APIs, MC Connect and other platform development
- Lead discovery workshops, gather business, marketing, and technical requirements to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution
- Create architecture diagrams and flow charts on both system architecture and detailed solution levels
- Document the technical solution design of the Marketing Cloud following the requirements gathering
- Own delivery tasks from initial scoping, planning and requirements analysis, through to discovery, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices
- Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to serve clients’ needs
- Stay ahead of the curve with MarTech innovations, educate yourself and enable others on current and emerging technologies
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Thursday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer and Consultant Certifications
- Experience implementing SFMC projects, from scoping to implementation (either as an external agent or in-house), ideally for two or more separate organisations
- It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with advanced industry-specific Marketing Cloud technology and processes required, including MC Connect, configuring ETL automations, REST/SOAP API integrations and CloudPages.
- Exposure to other Salesforce products, such as Marketing Cloud Personalization (aka Interaction Studio), Salesforce CDP, Datorama, Sales and/or Service Cloud.
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or work in a similar field)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical, end-user, and executive audiences
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs
Solid understanding of:
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter