Associate Director - Paid Social
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Paid Social to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, LinkedIn, Snap and other Social platforms! Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, from Retail Giants to Travel & Luxury Gurus, and everything in between. We work very closely with the social platforms to remain at the cutting edge of our field and we’re looking for people who are passionate about all things Social who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
The Associate Director’s role is to be a Paid Social channel lead and team player for the client projects they are engaged in as well as overseeing the work of a team of managers and associates. You'll work across 1-2 of our key clients and will be responsible for contributing to the Paid Social department’s growth and innovation. Furthermore, you will have your own division of 2-3 teams of 4-7 people, for whom you will be responsible for their career development, personal growth and fostering a sharing culture.
Life as a Paid Social Associate Director at Merkle
· Full oversight over client engagements including driving delivery, measurement, reporting, client communication, expectation management and contribution to strategy
· Understand client objectives and design paid social strategy aimed at achieving them. You will be the go-to client facing lead for Paid Social, building and nurturing long standing strategic partnerships with your clients
· Leadership of large client account teams, implementing and managing effective ways of working to achieve your long-term account vision
· Platform account management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
· Align and collaborate with paid search, programmatic, SEO, strategic, analytics, and cross channel leads within Merkle to deliver Paid Social activation as part of an integrated client team
· Align and collaborate with external agencies to deliver Paid Social activation as part of a holistic, full-funnel briefs and campaigns
· Be accountable for the financial planning, delivery and reconciliation of campaigns, taking into consideration predictive trends & potential partner fees
· Be able to identify issues and problem solve campaign activation issues, conflict management, or task management issues with limited information or history
· Provide thought-leadership to clients, contributing to blogs, case studies, and innovative Paid Social activation
· Identify process improvements and policies, escalating to the Head of Department or Client Director if needed
· Managing a division of 2-3 managers/leads and ensuring their personal growth, and the growth of their teams, is a key part of your role. Expected to have experience in both management and leadership of individuals and teams
· Maintaining a top-level view of Paid Social strategy for all clients within your division and discussing expansion opportunities with managers
· Being escalation point on your team’s accounts where necessary. Handling business development opportunities where appropriate as well as dealing with client grievances or conflict management. Knows when to escalate to the Head of Department or Client Director if needed
· Support in onboarding new client work where necessary
· Recognised as a credible subject matter expert within the Paid Social industry, keeping up to date with the latest trends, betas and new features
· Assist with innovation of the Paid Social department and wider agency by joining/leading one of our Agency Centres of Excellence
· Assist in pitches where required, and actively contribute towards Merkle’s product and business strategy
· Assist in department-level capacity management
· Support in the recruitment process and overall growth and development of high-performing talent
What we are looking for in you
· Proficient in handling large, multi-million, multi-market accounts running campaigns across a range of Paid Social platforms
· Strong analytical mind-set
· Experience managing and motivating other people managers or experienced teams of paid social executives
· Familiarity with a variety of Paid Social platforms
· Proven experience applying strategic thinking to complex campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPI’s
· Experience of building and nurturing strong client relationships
· Leadership abilities to be able to supervise and support a large account team
· High level of organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
· Minimum 4 Years’ experience
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London office location
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.