Senior Software Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a leadership role in all aspects of Merkle software projects. They will solution, build and maintain software that is leveraged by external clients to drive meaningful consumer engagement. They are a subject-matter expert for their team's client-specific technical requirements and will help establish best practices for Merkle to deliver high-quality software.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications and services used throughout the organization and our clients.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Manage and support deployment of releases.
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current standards and technologies
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to incorporate findings.
- Prototype and rapidly explore new concepts.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Work with consumer support teams to troubleshoot end-user technical issues for software your team has developed.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer with web technologies (Node.js)
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting web-based projects
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience designing and documenting APIs
- Experience mentoring team members
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline OR relevant experience
- General web-related technology experience including Linux administration, databases, networking, security, and performance analysis
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred) is a plus
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000 and $106k Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
As part of our dedication to fun and active lives is ensuring our employees live to their fullest potential. Working here means we've got you covered for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance with outstanding coverage at very affordable premiums. Add to that our 401K savings plan with a company match of up to 50% on each dollar contributed up to 6% max. We get that family is the biggest commitment of all. We make it easier to be a working parent with flex paid time off, and paid family leave.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.