About DEG, a Merkle Company
Digital is in our DNA. Since our founding in 1999, DEG has become one of the fastest-growing agencies in the country. A member of Dentsu, we are a global, full-service digital experience agency crafting solutions that help national and global brands meet their business objectives. While other shops are now working to grow their digital presences, we were born here.
Our associates are always evolving and finding new ways to collaborate together to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. After all, at DEG the best idea wins—no matter where it comes from.
Here, you can grow and pursue your passions, prioritize your family, contribute to your community, and actively travel. Our “work hard, play hard” mentality provides everyone with a fun, casual work environment that embraces new and better ways of doing things, and new and better things to do for our clients. The result is consistently being named one of the best places to work.
The question you must now ask is: Are you ready to evolve?
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, and supporting various data management technologies and architectures. In partnership with business leaders, key stakeholders and cross-functional project teams, the Data Engineer will be an active contributor in a collaborative team structure and will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery of and improve the quality of P&LS products providing increased operational excellence, a greater client experience and other strategic objectives.
Description & Responsibilities:
· Perform data loads and optimize data for extraction and reporting use
· Assist with discovery of data requirements to ensure proper data collection and plan/roadmap the analysis
· Create and maintain complex data pipelines that support high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and ETL techniques
· Maintain complex databases by performing appropriate database management functions (e.g., maintain space availability, rebuilds indexes, file cleanup, runs utilities to check database integrity) to ensure optimum capacity and application performance
· Produce and maintain data pipelines in support of client and internal reporting needs
· Support development of client facing documentation such as a comprehensive data dictionary and data model documentation
· Establish and maintain data models in support of operational reports, dashboards, and scorecards for internal and external clients
· Experience with ETL tooling and supporting programming languages such as Pentaho, Apache Airflow, and Matillion with strong skills in programming languages such as Python and R
· Strong understanding of different data warehouse schema designs, data model design and documentation, as well as query optimization
· Expert SQL Skills. Experience with relational and non-relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Snowflake, Elastic search, MongoDB), table design and query optimization for each specific platform
· Experience with Power BI or other data visualization tools preferred
· Experience using AWS services such as S3, Redshift, Lambda,
· Strong expectation-setting on required effort/duration to reliably deliver work to meet client deadlines
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.