Back End Developer
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Summary of Role
The Back End developer is responsible for the system to work behind the scenes.
Their role is to integrate the application with all required systems and services and
provide clean and easy to use API for the frontend part of the system.
Although their work is usually hidden from the user they bear the full responsibility
for the application functionality, performance and scalability. They know how to
write clean modern APIs, integrate with legacy systems and work with databases.
- Design and develop the business logic and backend systems of the product
- Work closely with frontend developers to design and develop functional,
- performing and complete APIs
- Decipher existing companies software systems and be able to hook in
- application to applicable data sources
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Develop high quality, well documented, and efficient code
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies. Experience as a Developer on a cross-functional agile team preferred
- Nice to have knowledge of immutable infrastructure, infrastructure automation and provisioning tools
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts
- and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in transparency and trust, and open to learning new ideas
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience as a backend developer in Java Spring Boot programming
- Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented programing and engineering principles like SOLID
- Significant experience writing and utilizing autonomous services oriented RESTful API services and performance tuning largescale apps
- Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)