Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) Technical Lead
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
We are a leading data-driven & technology-enabled full-service agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across various platforms and devices. We partner with the Top 500 companies in the DACH region as well as in Eastern Europe and focus on customer experience transformation & CXM.
Our 1800 digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 147 countries.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Technical Leads oversee the development, design, user interface, technology integration, and site architecture management on a variety of projects. As a technical lead, you will also be responsible for resolving the most technical and/or urgent support tickets. It is the responsibility of the Technical Lead to guide developers and admins in their development.
As the team leader of the support and maintenance team, you will manage a multi-disciplinary and self-sustainable technology group of 3-5 team members. Next to the general team management activities like shift management, and training development, the incumbent will provide technical guidance upon request and ensure SLA’s compliance and service optimization.
Together with the Technology Leads of the other platforms such as Sitecore and Magnolia, you will be responsible for the technical architecture and standards of the end-to-end business solutions.
- Act as a platform owner that has the technical ownership of an platform and take over the responsibility to meet the SLA’s
- Work with client’s IT organization to establish technology strategy at a platform and business solution level.
- Recommend and implement best business practice/process optimization improvements – invoke business innovation
- Document and ensure platform standards
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client
- Stay on top of strategic changes/new functionality – perform knowledge share session
- Take over the responsibility of the software quality, ensure code reviews, proactively analyse error logs and monitoring logs as well as provide improvement approaches and own the software quality process
- Owner of the overall technical platform documentation and technical yearly roadmap
- Ensure all enhancements/projects have appropriate documentation and ensure a smooth handover to the application support and maintenance team
- Co-owner of the platform release calendar
- Analyse client business needs and recommend innovative solutions that leverage technology to provide market differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Implement proofs of concept to prove any new technologies, application flows or integration scenarios and identify customizations needed to SFCC platform for meeting client requirements
- Guides the performance tuning and scalability of the ecommerce solution
- Ensures functional requirements and high-level solution designs are understood and are translated into detailed technical design
- Contribute to a highly automated CI/CD pipeline and take over the ownership in a reliable deployment process
- Construct the version control / git use to follow team processes
- Understand the platform positioning in the larger architectural design
- Incident and problem analysis and substantial contribution to resolution. Take over the technical resolution ownership
- Debugging issues and performing complex code/config changes to ensure resolution
- Coordinates and resolves Azure API related issues
- Analysis of ticket trends and provide recommendations to revert any negative trend
- Report on Support KPI and own the issues until resolution.
- Handle platform upgrades and updates, security patching (if applicable)
- Technical API Gateway services
- API Gateway Security
- API Gateway Traffic management
- Development of new API Gateway services
- Analyzes business requirements and makes a technical design
- Refining, consulting and implementing new features by writing robust, well-organized code with performance, and maintainability in mind (Magnolia Backend)
- Update the code / application documentation and provides release notes according to every maintenance release
- Produce training materials for new functionalities and newly developed features
- Contribute directly by writing robust, well-organized code with performance, maintainability, and portability in mind (SFCC front-end and/or backend)
- Implements Digital Consumer experiences based on a foundation of SFCC (Salesforce commerce cloud) to meet expected quality standards
- Review and approve team members' work (bug fixed and new feature development) and internal documentation
- Leads teams of 3-5 members to deliver to the highest quality, exceeding customer expectations
- Coach/train/develop the different team members
- Collaborate with an international team of Project Managers and Architects to understand client needs and communicate project progress
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience with software architecture and technical design
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (ex Demandware), ideally holding a leadership role on at least 2 full-scale projects
- 3+ years experience in leadership of software development teams
- SFCC Developer Certification. SFCC Architect Certification is a strong plus.
- ITIL, certified in foundation level or higher
- API Knowledge
- 1-3 years of experience with Azure API Apps
- Should be very strong with Net Core
- Strong in creating defining Swagger specs for REST APIs, understanding REST principles guidelines
- REST APIs SOAP, Web APIs, JSON, XML
- Should be very strong in REST and SOAP Security, including OAUTH SAML token, etc.
- Working knowledge of Azure
Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) functional skills: Content management, Customer groups, SEO, products & catalogs, search, checkout, interface customization, and monitoring
- Ability to present to C-level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, client oriented and internally
- Open to participate in the on-call organization as well as in the shift-organisation
- Time management skills
- Strong service oriented and customer-centric mindset with basic skills in ITIL
- Ability to gather data, analyze, propose actions and solutions and report to direct management
- High motivated, self-starter, and team player
- Coach and train other team members
- Stress tolerance, adaptability, and tactical mindset
- Collaborative skills
- Interpret, visualize, and present trend analysis results to stakeholders.
- Can-do and pro-active attitude
- Good presentation skills
- Attention to details
If you feel inspired by us, we will probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.