Manager - Email Development
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information visit www.merkleinc.com.
- Strong Experience with Image and HTML Coding Optimization for email
- Experience with style sheet languages (SASS or LESS) and HTML template syntax
- Solid knowledge of ASP / COM+, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0, PHP, Perl, SQL, stored procedures
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus
- Strong understanding of adaptive and responsive coding techniques within the email space
- Strong sense of visual design (while you may not be an expert with Photoshop or Illustrator, you still have an eye for aesthetics).
- Comfortable with source version control software
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to write complex functions/macros in AMPScript (SFMC)
- Advanced knowledge of third-party email service provider systems (e.g. SFMC, Adobe campaign classic / Standard, Braze, Responsys)
- Email platform/client limitations and workarounds
- Media queries and mobile specific coding
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, as well as other Office software
- Directly manage team of email campaign developers.
- Own and manage account(s) from a campaign/production standpoint.
- Oversee campaign process and production resources for SFMC / Adobe / Braze Full-Service Customers within the book of business.
- Queue management and resource assignment on incoming business.
- Participate in the new hire selection process.
- Create complex email templates with mobile responsive functionality
- Implement long term solutions to help with efficiency and accuracy (coding tools, additions to EPT library, process changes)
- Act as a mentor for Junior Developers and offshore teams
- Drive the development team to use new and better technology
- Create best-practices standards and documentation
- Assist creative team to push boundaries on design possibilities
The Email Campaign Manager should have previous experience as a campaign production analyst and/or in Leadership in the Email Marketing space. Special emphasis is on resource management, Customer Service, escalation management/problem resolution, gathering requirements, analysis, ability to translate business requirements into functional/business specifications, creating test plans, and developing quality assurance methodologies.