Senior Manager - Programmatic
Merkle Media is market leading performance media agency specializing in data driven digital media planning and optimisation. With 20 year’s experience in digital media and a heritage as one of Google’s original UK channel partners, the business has evolved from a leading independent to supporting a client roster of recognisable national and global brands within the Dentsu marketing group
Our agency our mission is to ensure media delivers long-term growth, with focus on business outcomes vs individual programme/campaign/media metrics. As part of Merkle a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company providing expertise in Marketing Technology, Data/Analytics and CRM, Merkle Media is uniquely positioned at the intersection of media and technology to enable the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
The Senior Manager role is to be a programmatic channel lead and team player for the client projects they are engaged in as well as overseeing the work of a team of managers and associates. You'll have the opportunity to work across incredible household named brands from exciting industries such as retail and entertainment. You will also be responsible for contributing to the programmatic department’s growth and innovation. This is an amazing well rounded, diverse role that will challenge and excite you daily!
Life as a Programmatic Senior Manager at Merkle
- Full oversight over client engagements including driving delivery, measurement, reporting, client communication, expectation management and contribution to strategy
- Execute and manage online media campaigns for your client including but not limited to exchange based performance media, audience-based buying and branding campaigns
- Align and collaborate with paid search, paid search, SEO, strategic, analytics, and cross channel leads within Merkle UK and dentsu to deliver programmatic activation as part of an integrated client team
- Align and collaborate with external agencies to deliver programmatic activation as part of a holistic, full-funnel briefs and campaigns.
- Be accountable for the financial planning, delivery and reconciliation of a multi-million dollar campaign, taking into consideration predictive trends, platform, and partner fees
- Be able to identify issues and problem solve campaign activation issues, conflict management, or task management issues with limited information or history
- Provide thought-leadership to clients, contributing to blogs, case studies, and innovative programmatic activation
- Identify process improvements and policies, escalating to the Head of Department or Client Services Director if needed.
- Manage a division of 2-3 managers/leads and ensure their personal growth, and the growth of their teams, is a key part of your role. Expected to have experience in both management and leadership of individuals and teams.
- Maintaining a top-level view of programmatic strategy for all clients within your division and discussing expansion opportunities with managers
- Being escalation point on your team’s accounts where necessary. Handling business development opportunities where appropriate as well as dealing with client grievances or conflict management. Knows when to escalate to the Head of Department or Client Services Director if needed
- Support in onboarding new client work where necessary
- Recognized as a credible subject matter expert within the programmatic industry, keeping up to date with the latest programmatic trends, betas and new features
- Assist with innovation of the programmatic department and wider agency by joining/leading one of our Agency Centres of Excellence
- Assist in pitches where required, and actively contribute towards Merkle’s product and business strategy
- Assist in department-level capacity management
- Support in the recruitment process and overall growth and development of high-performing talent
What we are looking for in you
- Proficient in handling large, multi-million, multi-market accounts running campaigns across all devices
- Strong knowledge and experience in using DSPs. Specifically, Google’s Display & Video 360, Amazon, The Trade Desk & Google Ads would be a bonus.
- Strong knowledge and experience in using Google’s Campaign Manager 360
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Experience in setting up PMPs, PGs, IO and working with publishers
- Experience with MediaOcean’s Prisma platform would be highly beneficial
- High level of organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Successful examples of managing or mentoring team members
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London and Manchester office locations
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.