Senior Digital Experience Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is looking to introduce another Senior Digital Experience (DX) Manager to its Digital Experience team to help shape and deliver differentiating digital experiences for our clients. This person will work closely with the DX Directors to drive team success and will be the lead and main-point of contact on multiple projects. This person should have 8+ years working within a customer experience focused role, with at least 6+ years working within Digital. This person will previously have led digital projects and programmes of works and be very confident in a client facing role.
The DX Senior Manager will be an integral part of the growing DX team, leading & driving projects of work across Service Design, DX Strategy, Product Ownership, Audience segmentation & Persona development, as well as Customer Research and Experience Measurement. Projects and workstreams will vary from complete re-designs of websites, apps or other digital platforms, to business as usual projects which focus on maintaining and optimising current Digital Experiences.
The DX Senior Manager will work closely with a wide variety of different Merkle teams (including Customer Strategy, e-CRM, SEO, CRO & Analytics) both here in London and internationally, to ensure that our strategies and recommendations are insight driven & data led. This person must have experience working with technical development and design teams to drive the implementation of digital experiences.
We are looking for someone to drive & lead Digital Experience projects and workstreams, working closely with the client to understand, define and achieve their strategic goals & visions. Mobilising and leading teams to deliver against these visions.
People & relationship management is central to this role and proven experience in this area will be key. The DX Senior Manager should be able to influence & challenge clients and teams to deliver the best possible results.
As a Senior Manager you will also be expected to shape and drive new Digital Experience propositions as well as evolving existing ones. Keeping on top of new market trends and tools that will enhance our competitive market offering.
Life as a Senior DX Manager at Merkle
- Lead Digital Experience and cross-capability teams across a diverse range of projects, clients and industries.
- Deliver and manage projects across the full DX spectrum of strategy, insight, UX/UI design, implementation, testing, measurement and optimisation.
- Lead and deliver against Service Design briefs; collaborating to define blueprints across Experience, Tech, Data & Business Ops
- Lead and manage teams to deliver against current-state & future-state audits and blueprints, identifying opportunities for brand new experiences as well as experience evolutions.
- Lead and manage teams to understand and define consumer needs.
- Lead and manage teams to deliver user testing and synthesise insights to aid in the development of DX strategies and recommendations.
- Lead and manage teams to visualise concepts to represent user journeys, personas, goals and information models.
- Lead and manage teams to define DX Strategies and drive the implementation process from design to development to post-implementation optimisation
- Work with optimisation teams and data specialists to develop measurement, testing and optimisation plans to further improve and measure the experiences that we implement.
- Develop as a DX practitioner and a thought leader within the Digital Experience space through client and internal projects, events and initiatives.
We are looking for a leader, who is confident navigating the unknown in an ever-changing industry. Someone who is able to build confidence and develop robust, meaningful relationships internally and with clients
- 8+ years working within digital, a customer experience focused role, with at least 6+ years within digital.
- 6 years + experience working on website or app based projects
- Ability to confidently lead Service Design and Experience Design projects, mobilising teams to effectively deliver against briefs
- Be a leader, and an excellent communicator who thrives in a client-facing role
- Be able to motivate, influence and drive teams to deliver against briefs
- An inquisitive and creative mind set, with the ability to empathise with the end user as well as client needs
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to produce insights that help our clients improve their Digital Experiences
- Knowledge and experience of data platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Google Search Console
- Experience guiding teams to successfully apply insights as part of a ‘test and learn’ approach
- Confidence in guiding teams to successfully find and use data insights to define, challenge and support customer & business requirements
- Strong understanding of Human Centred Design
- Experience designing DX strategies and experiences for CMS’s including Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore and Drupal
- Preferably, you will have experience working in an agency environment, but this is not mandatory
- Other responsibilities of the DX Senior Manager will include leading on sales proposals and supporting in the creation of sales literature as well as planning and leading client workshops
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.