Senior Test Automation
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Our QualityShore Operation based in Portugal, is currently hiring a Senior Automation Tester to join our team!
- Leads and owns UI and API automation work
- Participates actively in test planning by identifying testing requirements, scope and estimates
- Ensures optimal test coverage comprising of positive, negative and exception scenarios
- Provides quality assurance estimates for project planning purposes
- Participates in software design discussions, reviews and test strategy sessions
- Improves domain knowledge and understanding of testing process, delivery methodology, tools, etc
- Designs and maintains Automation frameworks
- Drives perform manual testing to understand features and architecture of our products
- Sets processes for test plan reviews and ensures that that test plans are reviewed by all stakeholders
- Creates and maintains QA and project documentation
- Participates in architecture and RADs reviews for new projects
- Creates Test reports and dashboards necessary for higher visibility and quality tracking during implementation
- Analyses problems reported in production application, identifies root causes and communicates results with appropriate stakeholders towards resolution
What should you have?
- 5+ years of commercial experience in testing Web and Client/Server applications
- Professional experience with Selenium;
- Good programming skills in one of the following languages: Python, Java or .Net;
- Deep understanding of the best practices in creating system test scripts, test execution and defect reporting/tracking
- Experience in testing web applications across different platforms and browsers;
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills;
- Critical thinking and ability to collaborate with a team on urgent issues resolution;
- Understanding of the following Web technologies: HTTP(S), S/FTP, Web Services (SOAP, RESTful);
- Possess contagious passion about quality;
- Very good verbal and written English.
We do not sponsor work visa.
For those who don’t have Portuguese documents (NIF and NISS), we suggest you to search for more information at local country Social Security entities, as well as on SEF (Serviços Estrangeiros e Fronteiras), for possible roles in Merkle Portugal.
Benefits and Perks
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Software-house environment
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work system (remote friendly)
- Digital nomad policy
- Focus on career development
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- Mental health support
- Volunteering experiences and sustainable mindset
- 25 vacation days + 3 wellness days per year
- Beers (after 6pm), foosball, and ping-pong! #workhardplayhard
- Free breakfast every second Monday of the month
- Employee discounts
- Team & Company events 🎉
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.