Delivery Architect- Customer Data Platform (CDP)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
- The estimated start date will be April 2023
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship or work transfers are available for this position
- Applicants must currently live in and have a permanent residence in the United States
The Delivery Architect will ensure high level of customer satisfaction activating and orchestrating customer experiences through driving successful and profitable implementation of Client’s customer data platform (CDP). The Delivery Architect will ensure consistent implementation/delivery of CDP first and then across other native/non-native integrations. H/se will create robust solutions that align to Client business goals and then unpack that solution into work product that your assembled team must execute.
The Delivery Architect is accountable for increasing time to Client benefit through measuring and implementing automations and other methods to optimize cost and reduce time to market while maintaining high quality. He/she will achieving profitable implementations while maintaining scalable and operationally efficient delivery processes. The candidate is expected to effectively work in parallel across Client engagements and look to drive industrialization of delivery process to support high turnaround time to capture demand.
This is multi-faceted by design and that draws from your experience in architecture, technical delivery, achieving project profitability and quite possibly business development.
What You Will Do:
Help Clients implement a high-value approach that leverages best in class designs and practices delivered in an agile model:
- Takes high level objectives and requirements and translate them into detailed project and execution plans
- Provide tactical scope and work directly with the Client to understand the requirements driving the need for a CDP to be implemented
- Works closely with Clients, partners, and other business units to ensure consulting engagements are successful
- Manages delivery of implementations including (not limited to): manages detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines
- Be responsible for the project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution area
- Leads teams of both business and technical colleagues throughout the course of the project. Effectively communicates each while acting as the technical lead with Data Architects (DAs), Data Engineers (DEs), Quality Assurance (QA) assigned to implementations
- Interfaces with cross functional (application, operations, QA, data) teams to assist in determining the most efficient and effective method of automating the delivery lifecycle
- Ensures that all the appropriate questions are asked and verify that nothing crucial to the success of the project is overlooked
- Develops and documents solution alternatives to meet business needs and considers the costs and risks associated with each alternative
- Partners with domain architects as needed
- Effectively manages risk through methods such as balancing requirements, refining and validating dependencies, and confirming readiness for go live
- Leads technical communications with various executive stakeholders, including IT director, CIO, and CTO on strategic decisions
- Work with Clients to enable a DevOps culture and modernize AI/ML strategies
- Assists delivery teams in the provision of design and implementation requirements
- Acts as Client Trusted Advisor for dedicated accounts and End to End accountability for deployment, implementation solution and strategic planning
- Support pre-sales and product development process
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure Client success when building new, or migrating existing to a modernized data platform
- May drive "hands-on" education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to Clients
- Builds opportunities by identifying gaps in customers' capabilities and relating them to business and technical architectures (solutions).
- May participate in pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with Clients to understand Clients technical requirements deeply
- Develops project proposals and SOWs, and work with Client Service
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a consulting environment and / or digital agency with demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity, and innovation
- Minimum of 7 years of full lifecycle implementation experience using various SDLC methodologies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience implementing Customer Data Platforms (e.g., Salesforce CDP, Adobe RTCDP, Lytics, Tealium, mParticle, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with integration across the broader MarTech ecosystem (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe AEM / AEP, etc.)
- Implementation experience for one or more Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), MDM, or related Customer 360 programs
- Deep understanding of how to leverage customer data to support customer experience and drive return on investment
- Familiar with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and instrumentation
- Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc. Broad understanding of enterprise project life cycle
- Experience of implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery life cycle
- Experience architecting and deploying multi-tiered applications
- Good understanding of application architectures
- Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications
- Strong communication skills and emotional intelligence to develop the team supporting delivery
- Knowledge of APIs designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers.
- Experience using open-source technologies.
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent
- Travel may be required in this role
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $136,000-$210,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.