IC Senior_Technical Business Analyst_Atlanta, GA
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part Dentsu, is looking for Senior Business Analyst
This role is responsible for working with client’s data product management team for managing petabyte scale data lakes and data products. This client is one of the largest retailers in USA and the products are actively used by 1500+ analytics. The role involves release planning, supporting UAT, conducting gap analysis, investigating analyst behaviours to define new data features, writing user stores and technical documentation. Good analytics skills using SQL, Excel and occasionally Tableau with great interpersonal and writing skills will help one win in this role.
Role: Senior Business Analyst
- Lead all the phases of a product’s life cycle including defining the business need, establishing criteria and business requirements, understanding the impact to the business, and partnering with IT in development and rolling out the features.
- Understanding & documenting user requests including creation of BRDs and user stories.
- Groom the user/feature requests into technical requirements which can be leveraged by data engineers to develop these features.
- Ability to conduct user research and testing to understand needs
- Conduct user training sessions and occasionally record self-help videos
- Working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design, and development team
- Influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Setting up new processes & improving existing processes to establish smooth operations between data product management team and IT partners
- Partner with product managers to build roadmap for the data product and ensure to successfully accomplish quarterly goals.
- Build reports and dashboard to help data product management make decisions
- Ability to write complex sql queries for data comparison, data validation and report automation.
- Working closely with offshore team and mentoring them if needed.
Qualification: BSc in Computer Science, BS in Economics, Bachelors in Business Administration / MBA
- Proficient in SQL. Experience dealing with data warehouses & writing complex queries. (must have)
- Experience building reports & dashboards (must have)
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, data analysis & JIRA (must have)
- Google cloud Platform & BigQuery experience is a plus
- Python programming experience is a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment is a plus
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100K-$130K/annum. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.