Senior Frontend Developer
Want to join Denmark’s best digital agency?
Can you crack the code to a sublime user experience, and would you like to develop not only cool solutions but also yourself in an uplifting environment with fantastic benefits – then keep on reading!
Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices. We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
We embody the strong combination of local and global: 300 colleagues work here in central Copenhagen, but we are also part of Merkle worldwide and dentsu – a global agency network covering 145 markets.
At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion and cooperation.
Along with 25+ dedicated front-end developers, you will be working on Danish and international projects, both B2C and B2B. The tech stack varies depending on the project, but our front-enders are currently focused on React and Vue - plus Next.js and Nuxt.js as an extra layer, and we are big fans of TypeScript.
We work in teams with a lot of discussion and feedback across skills and disciplines, so you will never be left alone on a task.
In your professional team here at Meldahlsgade, you will meet like-minded people, some of the country's best front-end developers. You will be working closely with back-end specialists, designers, and UX’ers to create the ultimate customer experiences across technologies, channels, browsers, and devices. To enable this, we always work agile and in sprints with proven processes, systems, and strong project management.
Check out two incredible projects our developers are very proud of here and here.
Developing yourself along with your projects
At Merkle, developing is not just something you will be doing on your projects. You will also continuously be developing your skills as we make sure you carry out new types of tasks based on the latest technologies and trends.
We stimulate the nerd in you by providing a diverse workday with lots of challenges to keep your developer spirit alive and thriving.
We even have a specific set of objectives to help you build more experience and climb the career ladder faster. We are also passionate about real-world knowledge sharing in our team, discussing client issues and learning from each other’s experiences. And you have regular 1:1 talks to keep track of your professional development and job satisfaction.
We expect you to confidently tick these boxes:
- You have 5+ years of experience in this role (full-time work, not internships).
- You are a technically skilled front-end developer; you think creatively and are passionate about quality in code and performance.
- You are able to be the lead on projects and make decisions (in collaboration with others).
- You have strong communication skills and will be comfortable with handling client dialogue.
- You have experience with creating the right front-end architecture for the right solution.
- You are independent, proactive, and have a goal-oriented attitude to your work.
- You are curious by nature and cannot help but keeping up with the latest technologies.
- You are thorough and disciplined in your work. To you, it is natural to test, quality audit, and constantly optimize.
- You write well-documented, well-organized, and scalable code.
- You understand the value of a good code review.
- You are motivated by doing creative quality solutions and by being part of a team with skilled and talented colleagues.
- As a person, you are constructive and positive-minded.
- You are empathetic and have a great drive.
You have experience with and opinions on:
Also, we guess you have loads of experiences with, among other things:
- Building large-scale web solutions
- SEO/A11Y friendly semantic HTML
- TypeScript, Node.js, Webpack, and Git
Besides, it’s a plus if you know of Visual Studio, and have built solutions to .net, MVC, Umbraco, EPiServer, Sitecore, etc.
We don’t have a slide for fast travel between our two floors, but we have plenty of reasons why you’ll love working at Merkle. We offer:
- A nice pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Your own balance of office vs. remote work
- Weekly Friday bars (yup, your weekend buzz is on us!)
- Daily-cious breakfast and lunch from our in-house chefs
- An unlimited amount of coffee, tea and supportive colleagues
- Wine tasting club, running club, game nights, grand parties, fun events
- A creative environment that lets you think 27 kilometers outside the box
How to apply
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Anna Lynge, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected] or phone: +45 28 94 90 73.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.