Merkle Northern Europe is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM). We deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices. We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
We have offices in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Sweden (Stockholm, Göteborg, Lidköping), Norway (Oslo) and Denmark (Copenhagen, Aarhus). We are more than 700 in our Northern Europe cluster and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion, and cooperation.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit that’s very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- An exciting workplace with high levels of dynamism and a strong culture of companionship and team spirit
- International opportunities for work, training and collaboration
- Flexible working conditions where you decide what best fits your needs
- A diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace
- A monthly contribution to enjoy our great lunch.
- Friday drinks and social events throughout the year.
- 25 paid leave days + 5 additional days (3 company-paid well-being days a year to support your mental, physical- and emotional well-being + 2 mandatory days off during which the office is closed).
- Travel allowance, mobile phone and internet allowance, contribution to your subscription on ClassPass, unlimited access to courses through dentsu university, etc.
Until now, our commerce team in Merkle Northern Europe has primarily been based in Denmark. Now we want to also build strong development teams and a commerce team in the Netherlands.
Our development division are divided in 5 teams; frontend, backend, app, DevOps and commerce developers. In this position, you will be part of the commerce team, which are primarily based in Aarhus, Denmark, and you will be the Commerce Architect to join in the Netherlands.
You will be a part of a solid team experienced in Agile-, XP- and BDD-principles and e-commerce solutions.
Your main tasks, not limited to, will be:
- Together with the customer and business analyst define development tasks for the team
- Help the team solve complex problems by writing maintainable and correct code
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to developers across project teams
- Improve our way of working and take part in further developing our framework
- Analysing and architecting the right solutions for our customers
- Define and implement development strategy including roadmap, tools, framework & approach across project teams
- Evaluate and select best usage of development tools for different purposes
- Assist with presales on new projects.
Check out one of our incredible projects we are very proud of here.
You never walk alone in Merkle. We work in teams with meaningful sparring across skills and disciplines – and you will always have a buddy by your side - even if it's from a distance in the beginning.
In your practice team are some of the best in the country, and with your client teams you create ultimate customer experiences in close cooperation with commercial talents, creative enthusiasts and dedicated developers
Where will you work?
At our office you’ll find a group of professionals with different backgrounds and specializations. Pro’s that love to look further than their own niche and are keen to make the impossible possible. If you’d ask us we also think the parties, room for initiative and good vibes are what makes Merkle great. We don’t like shady stuff, but we do like a good atmosphere.
Who we think you are:
You have several years' experience leading a cross-functional team utilizing methodologies such as XP, Pair-programming, Scrum and TDD. You have worked closely with clients to identify solutions as well as closely with your colleagues to develop them. You are focused on deciding on and providing the highest quality solution and take pride in delivering value to the client. Your educational background is rooted in computer science, software engineering, IT product development or similar.
- 10 + Years software development experience
- 3 + Years architecture experience
- Experienced with analyzing technical requirements and working with customers to break down requirements into Epics/Stories
- Experience communicating technical concepts to stakeholders in a way they can understand.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to travel (To Merkle’s office in Copenhagen, but potentially to client sites within the Nordic region)
- Java & Spring framework programming experience
- Experience with Payment Service Provider implementations
- Experience with SAP CC, Commerce Tools, Magento or AEM
- Familiar with version control tools (Primarily Git)
- Familiar with Jira & Confluence
- Experience with microservice architecture
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Tine Moe, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected]
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.