Java Application Developer- Senior Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
As an Application Developer, Senior Lead you will work independently, with a team, and manage a team of developers to design, develop, and maintain full stack (UI, services, DB) applications. The ideal candidate is a strong programmer who thinks creatively, is naturally innovative, highly collaborative, and has a passion for developing that impact the way people work.
- You will have an opportunity to create middle-ware (SOA) services, back-end and front-end web components, or web services.
- Primary role is the development and integration of software applications with Merkle’s renowned marketing database solutions, and/or third-party web/cloud services, to meet client business objectives.
- Developing n-tier applications and middle-ware services that could include: Internal applications used across the enterprise; Consumer and client facing web applications; Web services interfacing with third-party and client applications; Hands-on development and support of client deliverables including delivery of high-quality code and solutions design documents with minimal supervision to meet client needs.
- 5+ years application development experience.
- 3+ years managing projects, managing people or teams, or mentoring junior engineers with collaborative design, software engineering best practices, and/or code reviews.
- 3+ years solid Java development experience
- 3+ years database experience: MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, T-SQL, stored procedures
- 2+ year web services development experience: RESTful or microservices preferred.
- Being versatile and willing to take on new challenges across different projects and technologies.
- Knowledge of Python development experience.
- Knowledge of Cloud technology experience: AWS, GCP and/or Azure (AWS preferred).
- Knowledge of IDE’s: Visual Studio or NetBeans
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Version Control systems (Subversion, git), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle Processes (waterfall; agile).
Nice to Have (Bonus) Skills
- .NET development experience a plus.
- Cloud technology experience: Salesforce, Adobe.
- Proficiency and/or experience with the following technologies: UI Frameworks & Web Technologies: ASP.NET, AngularJS, jQuery, Spring, JSP, Java servlets, Struts, SPA, Vue.js, EJB, Hibernate, HTML5, XML, CSS3, SOAP, Apache Camel, Spring Boot; Database: Advanced concepts, stored procedures, temporary tables, DB linking, etc.; ORMs: Entity Framework, Dapper, LINQ-to-SQL, Hibernate.
- Exposure to any of the following database platforms - Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift.
- Experience with the understanding of ETL concepts, processes, and tools such as SSIS (Talend a plus).
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $115,000-$160,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/